Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A bit OT: If you plan to attend the LA Auto Show
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smontanaro
Some of you might be interested in the concept car(s) VW (and Porsche?) will be showing at the LA Auto Show. I wanted to make you aware of a dispute which has arisen between the auto show management and AFS Trinity, one of the companies which had planned to exhibit but will not be there:

Refusing to be Muzzled ...

AFS Trinity has been busy exhibiting their prototype hybrid SUVs which, assuming they are for real, are far beyond anything Detroit has come up with so far in terms of fuel efficiency.

Skip Montanaro
r_towle
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Nov 8 2008, 12:47 PM) *

Some of you might be interested in the concept car(s) VW (and Porsche?) will be showing at the LA Auto Show. I wanted to make you aware of a dispute which has arisen between the auto show management and AFS Trinity, one of the companies which had planned to exhibit but will not be there:

Refusing to be Muzzled ...

AFS Trinity has been busy exhibiting their prototype hybrid SUVs which, assuming they are for real, are far beyond anything Detroit has come up with so far in terms of fuel efficiency.

Skip Montanaro

I like this guy.
I hope someone in DC listens to the logic.
This type of innovation is what will drive our economy going forward.
To bad he cant raise funds on his own like other innovative companies have to do...that would be my critisism...
Seems like he is trying to make his fortune by licensing his technology...and almost forcing the auto industry to do just that...

Rich
Wes V
My complaint comes from somebody saying that their "plug-in hybrid SUV" gets 150 MPG!

If you keep close to home and only work on the initial charge, then it (in theory) gets an infinite amount of miles per gallon.

At some distance, you would have to have an engine generate supplemental power and that's when MPG would enter into it.

It's my opinion that the only way you can get a valid 150 MPG (without re-charging at home) is to have a light weight dedicated electric car with small constant speed diesel generator. The engine does NOT power the wheels, it's just to re-charge the system. You wouldn't be able to drive the car a constant 24 hours straight, without letting the generator re-build the charge.

Think about the Tesla.

Wes
Elliot Cannon
Went to their web site. No wonder it gets such great mileage, they trailer it around in a semi. av-943.gif
monkeyboy
I don't get it. He wants space on the main floor. The companies on the main floor have been there for years. There simply isn't space without moving someone who has been there for years.

Also, he is angry that they insist that his mileage claim be EPA approved. It is a rule for everyone. Keeps people from making wild ass claims. It should be that way. If it really gets 150 MPG, prove it like everyone else.

Kentia Hall is the junk hall usually though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.