Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AA & ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
I think AA is no longer selling items on ebay. I see they are no longer a registered user as well as parker at AA...Hmmmmm
seanery
any excessive negative feedback on them?

Did they open a new account without AA on them?

HMMMM enquiring minds want to know
tat2dphreak
they probably finally ran out of all of the "last one in existance known to man" Items... like those "hard to find" shift bushings, or rubber shift boots... that everyone has for cheaper than their beginning bids... wink.gif
72914S
A few weeks ago while surfing found an auction site with their stuff and that company that sell the breather kits. Quite abit like ebay. If someone wants it I`ll check my deleted file. HA-HA-HA barf.gif
tat2dphreak
now if we can just get partwerks of Chicago off ebay...
morph
I was surprised at how much negative feedback AA had.
Joe Bob
QUOTE(morphenspectra @ Feb 11 2004, 10:38 AM)
I was surprised at how much negative feedback AA had.

Why were you surprised????

Same idjuts selling the same crap, same disservice department with the same bend over shipping price add ons.....
72914S
I`ve gotten a few things from Partwerks no problems. Don`t tell anyone I did buy from A A (abit pricey ) before I knew better.
tat2dphreak
I too have bought 1 thing from partwerks and 1 thing from AA... when I first got my car... later I found the prices I paid to be very high for what I got... <_<

so I will never do business with either again... I have bought some stuff from parts obsolete on ebay though... they are priced fair and shipped promtly!
415PB
When I first got my teener I needed an electrical connection for the temp sensor at the plenum. I went through AA. I ended paying 28 bucks, shipped to my door. Shit, I will never, ever, never order anything from AA again. Stupid me.
morph
I haven't bought from either of the two.
Chris H.
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Feb 11 2004, 01:10 PM)
I too have bought 1 thing from partwerks and 1 thing from AA... when I first got my car... later I found the prices I paid to be very high for what I got... dry.gif

so I will never do business with either again... I have bought some stuff from parts obsolete on ebay though... they are priced fair and shipped promtly!

Yep Part Werks is in my back yard but I've never been there. Heard too much bad stuff.

They do list things on e-bay waaaaay high for the most part don't they? And what's amazing is that they just re-list them over and over and over again. At any given time they seem to have over 1000 items on e-bay. Click "see seller's other items" sometime. It's amazing. There's 1544 today. I would rather just sell it the first time at a fair price.
tat2dphreak
I think what I bought from partwerks was an 73+ PB lever... used... 50+shipping... the thing couldn't even be used as it was... I had to strip all of the rust off before it would work... I was surprised it even had metal underneath... the rust was so thick...
biosurfer1
correct me if i'm wrong but didnt AA have several accounts on ebay, just under different names? they had "autoatlanta", "parkerautoatlanta" and then i saw "greg@treadway.com" or something like that, which was the email listed on their site. i dont know if they did this because the first two names had so many negative feedbacks but i have a feeling they are still around, just using different names.
ChrisReale
I have had two positive experiences with Part Werks. If you pay too much, thats your fault. Especially on Ebay. I wont deal with AA because I dont need to
echocanyons
Partwerks sux!

got burned by them, the only time so far on an internet deal.

I tried to call and talk to the nuckle head runnin the joint but it seemed his idea of customer siervice/satisfaction was finger.gif

so in return Ill let everyone know what a great experience I had shopping with them.
tracks914
I've bought from both of them and had no problem. Actually I had one problem with AA but George was great and I was more than satisfied with the end result. I'll buy from them again if they have the parts I need.
What I don't like is dealers using EBAY to sell their goods at close to their advertised prices. If I want to pay 80 cents on the dollar or better I will just go to a web site and buy directly from a vendor and get a warranty.
I shop EBAY for good or great deals. These vendors are not really offering great deals. If they were you wouldn't see the same goods offered week after week.
I wish there was a way I could filter vendors from EBAY other than the 3 tabs on top but I guess they have a right to sell there too. confused24.gif
914werke
I shop EBAY for good or great deals.

Those type of deal were once available on Ebay early on , today ...not so much. Too many scammers and flakes.
Ive never bought from Partwerks cuz thier prices are so F'n High. The only deal I did with Parker was on a piece no one bid on, so I emailed after the auct. ended with a lowball offer and he accepted.
clap56.gif
rhodyguy
cheap advertising that reaches antartica. sort of like the ringer at a 3 card monty game.

kevin
seanery
There are deals out there.
I bought 2.0 engine tin - all of it for 20 bucks. It had been sandblasted and was very nice.

The guy ended the auction at 2:45am my time. Some folks just don't think about stuff like that.
I set the alarm for 2:30, bid and hit refresh for 15 minutes, celebrated for a minute or so and went back to sleep!
rhodyguy
moving a bit ot. i was reading the speil (local pca publication)when i was paying $14.95 for a black key blank mad.gif, at the local p dealer . fordals had an add for a complete 2.0 w/87k-$600, and mahles w/tires for $600. i'm calling this am.

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.