Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another amazing EBAY find..... -6 conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
Pretty sad when you have 20 Bids and the price is only $1,250. And this is like the 3rd it's been on eBay. I don't what they were thinking with that Oil Tank.

T.C.
melnyk
that tank is mad ghetto they would have been better off using a cylindrical tank in the rear trunk.... or just pay the $$$ and get the correct tank confused24.gif
Pat Garvey
It's Hawaii!

The US version f the outback when it comes to 914's.

That's a decent, long-owner car! Too bad the shipping costs would equate to Euro costs. Bet it goes el-cheapo to the Fatherland.

Our loss too!
jonferns
that tank is mad ghetto they would have been better off using a cylindrical tank in the rear trunk.... or just pay the $$$ and get the correct tank

What's wrong with the gas tank? Its in the stock location. Maybe you are referring to the oil tank?
melnyk
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Nov 8 2008, 09:31 PM) *

What's wrong with the gas tank? Its in the stock location. Maybe you are referring to the oil tank?

yes thats what the problem is. too far of a pull, plus its ugly!
plymouth37
Uh yeah... That ain't right!
Click to view attachment
Katmanken
Hmmmmm....

Lived in a salt atmosphere all it's life

Some rust repair in 1994... (ie: a lotta hack and splice in 1994 judging from the pics...)

A 10 foot paint job with "bubbles"....

A free paint job on the front trunk wiring harness.....

Anyone need an engine and an oil tank and wheels?

But ya gotta ship them from Hawaii....

Ken

Project 6
His reserve is over 20K. Good Luck.
736conver
Been on ebay 5 times with no sale since august

Buy it now was on one auction 22,500.

carr914
$22,500 av-943.gif
rktmn247
He has it on craigs list for $15K.
Krieger
I think this is clever and cost effective using factory parts. Why not?
village idiot
That car is local to me and he has it on Craigslist for 20K.
Makes me think I shoulda sold mine for more than $4500..............
rktmn247
$15K

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/cto/910488108.html
DBCooper
QUOTE(Krieger914 @ Nov 9 2008, 05:13 PM) *

I think this is clever and cost effective using factory parts. Why not?

You're right. It's not the prettiest, and certainly not a concours layout, but it works just as well as the factory car did.
carr914
WTF.gif It absolutely does NOT work as well the Factory set up. Crappy long oil lines from that tank is not a good set-up.

T.C.
zymurgist
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 10 2008, 10:54 AM) *

WTF.gif It absolutely does NOT work as well the Factory set up. Crappy long oil lines from that tank is not a good set-up.

For what it's worth, my 911 is set up with the oil tank in the stock location and long oil lines running to a cooler in the right front wheel well. Probably not the same since the tank is next to the engine where the oil is at its hottest, but there you have it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.