Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Windshield Thread...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ericread
OK, sorry for repeating the thread, but I badly cracked my windshield this weekend. Now I need a new windshield installed in the LA/Orange County area.

Your suggesstions/recomendations are appreciated.

Eric Read

7TPorsh
QUOTE(ericread @ Nov 9 2008, 03:49 PM) *

OK, sorry for repeating the thread, but I badly cracked my windshield this weekend. Now I need a new windshield installed in the LA/Orange County area.

Your suggesstions/recomendations are appreciated.

Eric Read

There is a guy named Ruffino out in the Costa Mesa area that has a lot of 914 experience; I spoke to him awhile ago but never had him come out.

I too need a WS installed now and need to recontact him. He was recommended through the forum here. group install? biggrin.gif

Hopefully someone can post or PM his number...I have to dig for it, but i need him too...good price too. Install pics anyone??
He'll come out to me and I am in the north LA area.
jim_hoyland
Eric,

Ruffino's number is 714-292-5811. He will come to you and can do the rubber trim if you want to switch. Price is really reasonable. He has done 3 for me plus in/outs for painting.

Good Guy

Jim
ericread
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 9 2008, 05:32 PM) *

Eric,

Ruffino's number is 714-292-5811. He will come to you and can do the rubber trim if you want to switch. Price is really reasonable. He has done 3 for me plus in/outs for painting.

Good Guy

Jim

Thanks Jim - I'll give him a call on Monday.

Eric

jim_hoyland
One other thing, he can re-seal rear windows too.
mojorisen914
Not trying to hijack the thread but does anyone know of someone who can do this in the KC area? I need to have my windshield replaced too.
Thanks.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Nov 9 2008, 08:38 PM) *

Not trying to hijack the thread but does anyone know of someone who can do this in the KC area? I need to have my windshield replaced too.
Thanks.

Sorry, no. You're going to have to come to So. California for that. av-943.gif
mojorisen914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 10 2008, 12:41 AM) *

Thanks.

Ok..give me your address; I'll need a place to stay... av-943.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Nov 9 2008, 08:46 PM) *

Thanks.

Oh! I moved out of that rat-hole. I'm about 4 hours north of there. Drop in some time. We'll drink some wine (they got lots of it here) and talk about your windshield. av-943.gif
mojorisen914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 10 2008, 12:49 AM) *

QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Nov 9 2008, 08:46 PM) *

Thanks.

Oh! I moved out of that rat-hole. I'm about 4 hours north of there. Drop in some time. We'll drink some wine (they got lots of it here) and talk about your windshield. av-943.gif

Wine? Wine is fine but whiskeys' quicker.... av-943.gif
What you need is some good Kentucky spirits...
ericread
Jim;

I spoke to Ruffino - You're right. His pricing is very reasonable. I am arranging for him to replace my window immediately after my new paint has dried.

My thanks.

And as for mojorison914 - Maker's Mark is still the best sipping whiskey I have ever experienced. I have a barrel in storage with my name on it in Loretto, KY. It's another year or so before they tap it.

And yes, I am a Kentucky Colonel (but you can call me Eric).

Eric Read

7TPorsh
Does anyone have pictures of his install? i spoke to him and described that I want the universal seal with the chrome strip in it and I wanted the black paint on the perimeter done.

He seemed to understand perfectly, but I get reluctant when i hear "yeah, yeah, no problem...".
jim_hoyland
He really knows his stuff. I have the all black outer seal with the inside edge painted; Dan, Proto 31, had the rubber with the stainless strip installed. The guy is a pro with a ton of 914 experience on both front and rear glass.

7TPorsh
So he supplied the seal with the stainless strip, painted the glass and installed it?

I am ready to pull the trigger and do it!
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Nov 18 2008, 08:42 AM) *

So he supplied the seal with the stainless strip, painted the glass and installed it?

I am ready to pull the trigger and do it!

Yes.

When you have him do it, take pictures and post them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.