Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what other parts do I need
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tat2dphreak
once I get a 2.0 L engine to replace my 1.7(or 1.8) what else do I need? what parts interchange?

Heat exchangers?
mufflers?
muffler hanger?
distributor?
carb manifold? (I know I will have to drill a hole for the 3-bolt attachment)

what am I forgetting that I need to consider? idea.gif

can you tell I'm excited about what the car will run like with an engine that has good compression?! driving.gif
Joe Bob
Heat exchangers?
Yes, IF you use everything...HEs. hanger and muffler.

distributor?
Depends on the dizzy, if it's a 009, give it the float test and geta 050.

carb manifold? (I know I will have to drill a hole for the 3-bolt attachment)

May need re-jetting of the carbs...."some" can be drilled....
tat2dphreak
are you saying I *CAN* use 1.7/1.8 H/Es and Muffler/hanger? or do I need to get 2.0-specific... I plan to get a triad and SSI H/Es later(in 2.0 form) but, can the 1.7/1.8 get-up work? if it does *work* what are the drawbacks? I have a 050 on my 1.7, I think... it's pointless
Dave_Darling
The 1.7 exchangers (also used on 74 1.8) work fine on a 2.0 engine. They have a bit more bending and are smaller in diameter, which gives you slightly worse flow than the 2.0 parts. But they still work fine.

You must use a muffler and muffler hanger and exchangers of the same type as each other. No mixing and matching; they don't fit correctly. But you can swap the setup between motors as a complete package.

--DD
tat2dphreak
thanks dave, that's exactly what I needed to know... I didn't want to invest in a temporary fix, when I can wait a little while and get the exact setup I want.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.