Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Creamsicle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixnotfour
seems pretty good for the $$
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=692081
Root_Werks
There has been a few lately. I hope they find good homes and get restored and enjoyed.
familienauto
I'm pretty sure I just saw that picture on here a few days ago...a member?
ericread
Here's the current Samba message for the Creamsicle:

===========
The ad for Porsche 914 2.0 LE Creamsicle Price: 2900 has been deleted.

This typically means the item is sold.

For member 914rrr:
============

It's gone...

Eric
watsonrx13
That's the car that Rob (914rrr) and Nel just purchased. They posted the 'heated' discussion of stealing parts from Nel's donor car for Rob's new/old car.

-- Rob
914rrr
Hi Guys,

Yes, it is mine. It seems we bought too many 914's too fast, and I was going to sacrifice my car to help pay for the things Rob's 914 needs. But I am having second thoughts, so I took it off of Samba. Rob said he is leaving it up to me, but he wants me to keep it. My LE needs complete restoration and I am not sure when I will have the $$ to do it. I hate for it to just sit around without someone giving it the love it needs.

I will definitely let everyone know if I decide to sell it.

driving-girl.gif
914rrr
Well, I looked at all avenues and the LE has to go. Unexpected expenses and the money spent buying Rob's 914.... make his the priority since it is a near mint 914. I told him I do not want him to loose that car again. He finally found it and bought it back after all these years, and he is going to keep it. Plus I hate for my LE to sit around and not receive the love it deserves.

Rob is getting photos and details right now. I have the COA on its way from Porsche. The info has been sent to the LE registry. Now I just have to figure out a price.

We should have it in classifieds soon.

driving-girl.gif
carr914
You two are crazier than a box of Fruit-Loops if you don't just put that LE away and slowly restore it. I've known you forever and have seen you go through alot of 914's. Hang on to it and go slowly for a change. Rob, remember that 73 2.0 you sold me in 1992 for next to nothing. I hung onto that for 15 years and rebuilt it twice.

T.C.
JRust
I'm kind of in the same boat Nel. I decided to keep it until I can get to it. I could use the money out of it for sure. Still I will regret it if I sell it without finishing it. Luckily mine is very solid & the resto is not a huge one. I don't have real rust issues which helps alot. My problem is I can't resist buying things I need for it. I've got just about everything but a stock OE LE spoiler & a nice uncracked dash. I found a nice set of seats recently & other than the dash I have everything I need for the interior. Next is pulling the drivetrain to prep for paint & fix one of the trunk hinges.

Oh yeah the moral of the story is "Keep it if you can" biggrin.gif . If you can't work it out at least someone here hopefully will buy it confused24.gif . Oh yeah & if you have any of the stuff I need let me know rolleyes.gif
914rrr
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 12 2008, 07:18 PM) *

You two are crazier than a box of Fruit-Loops if you don't just put that LE away and slowly restore it. I've known you forever and have seen you go through alot of 914's. Hang on to it and go slowly for a change. Rob, remember that 73 2.0 you sold me in 1992 for next to nothing. I hung onto that for 15 years and rebuilt it twice.

T.C.

I know. It is me TC, not Rob. But we had a restoration budget for the LE, and we spent ALL OF IT on the turbo. I knew I would get some bonks slap.gif on the head for this. I was prepared. Flame away!

914rrr
QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 12 2008, 07:34 PM) *

I'm kind of in the same boat Nel. I decided to keep it until I can get to it. I could use the money out of it for sure. Still I will regret it if I sell it without finishing it. Luckily mine is very solid & the resto is not a huge one. I don't have real rust issues which helps alot. My problem is I can't resist buying things I need for it. I've got just about everything but a stock OE LE spoiler & a nice uncracked dash. I found a nice set of seats recently & other than the dash I have everything I need for the interior. Next is pulling the drivetrain to prep for paint & fix one of the trunk hinges.

Oh yeah the moral of the story is "Keep it if you can" biggrin.gif . If you can't work it out at least someone here hopefully will buy it confused24.gif . Oh yeah & if you have any of the stuff I need let me know rolleyes.gif

PM me so I have your info. Whatever Rob does not use, I will let you know.

thanks!
Nel
JRust
QUOTE(914rrr @ Nov 12 2008, 04:40 PM) *

PM me so I have your info. Whatever Rob does not use, I will let you know.

thanks!
Nel

Done! I am trying to find the original motor too. I am sure you wouldn't have that though. GA 012249 blink.gif
sixnotfour
I just got a lead on another smilie_pokal.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Nov 12 2008, 05:10 PM) *

I just got a lead on another smilie_pokal.gif

Didn't I say something about being linked to every 914 only 5 915's back? laugh.gif

Something local? I guess I don't look for them, but I haven't seen any around or for sale other than Rich's and when Jamie brought his up for repairs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.