Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 is home, time for new screen name
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Doug73/2.0
Changed screen name in honour of my first 914, I was formerly known as Dougwantsa914. (thanks administrator...)
Here she is on the trailer arriving home on a cold winter night..My friend sure knows how to back down narrow twisty driveways...
Next couple of pictures I'm going to post are " What the heck is this" type questions and some pictures of all the extra stuff that came along with the car. The previous owner had taken apart 2 cars and his wife insisted that I take all of it. I'm sure some is good, a lot is junk. Having troble posting pictures ?? so I'll try again in a minute..I wounder if the name change is affecting?
Doug
Doug73/2.0
pic
Doug73/2.0
The extra parts from the dismantled cars included:
4 doors
1 hood
1trunk
2 roofs
2 enginge bay lids
1.5 black interiors
2 chrome bumpers
4 rims and tre (what are they?? aftermarket or real?)
6 big boxes of all the small stuffm gages, headlights,stearing stuff
complete chrome window set.

Is this stuff worth storing...just in case, or is it worth trying to sell or is it mostly scrap..will post pictures confused24.gif
Doug73/2.0
pics of the spare wheels and rims. What the heck are they?
Doug73/2.0
The big pile..bumpers look nice smile.gif
Doug73/2.0
Here are the wheels on the car. Are these Fuch? confused24.gif Are they normanlly panited?
Thanks wacko.gif
Doug73/2.0
Me...I'm on the left side. My buddy trailered it home.
Yes, I know I have a lot of bicycles and are they jealous now.
rick 918-S
smilie_pokal.gif aktion035.gif clap56.gif aktion035.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Doug73/2.0
Ok...Now the ugly part... wacko.gif
The whole drivers floor is pretty weak
mike_the_man
Looks nice! It's always exciting getting your first teener, isn't it? I'm not sure if you're looking to sell anything, but I might be interested in the black interior, if it's in decent condition. I'd be looking for seats, door panels, and back pad. I have a feeling shipping would kill me, but who knows.

Thanks,
type47
have you heard of "Hershey"? laugh.gif
Doug73/2.0
another rust pic. This is nicely covered in paint but I'd hate to see what is behind it wacko.gif
djm914-6
Too hell with Hershey, list whatcha got here. I'm searching for a few parts myself. Doors, valance, window trim, etc.
seanery
Doug,
that first shot is awesome.
THe car looks pretty nice, but that last pic, man, that's a big ol glob of bondo hiding under there! ohmy.gif

Have Fun!!
djm914-6
Doug, have a Look at my car next Saturday. Then you'll see what's hiding under there. I'll also show you a few other areas too watch for. <_<
Ray Warren
Doug
I don't think you need any of those extra parts and
they are not worth much $.
So just let me know where i can come and take them off your hands. No charge to you.

Just kidding of course. Keep everything until you are
done with your project even if you have duplicates of the same parts. you never know.
Joe.D
Doug,

Glad to see you found a car. clap56.gif

Looks like you got a nice heap of extra goodies as well. If you have the storage space, don't rush to sell parts. I also suggest you only sell what you are sure you won't need as you set about to improve your "new" car.

BTW, I'll take those extra bumpers and wheels off your hands - as a favor. :-)
Seriously, Just bring things you decide you want to sell/swap to Burlington.

Joe
Hawk
Hey,
Youre location brings back some great youthful memories.
I used to date a girl in North Berwick. Commuted from Conn. weekends. Long ago. She's probably an old lady now. <_<
No regrets.
JmuRiz
You have 2 extra targa tops? I'll take one mueba.gif

Looks like you'll have some fun...check out the interior floor replacements from restoration design and you should be good, they sell the part around the door handle too, if i'm not mistaken.

Enjoy!
markb
QUOTE(914ray @ Feb 11 2004, 04:48 PM)
Keep everything until you are
done with your project even if you have duplicates of the same parts. you never know.

agree.gif
Gint
agree.gif Me too. Congrats Doug!

another rust pic. This is nicely covered in paint but I'd hate to see what is behind it  

I can tell you exactly what's under there. If you don't want to know, just leave it alone!
GWN7
Gint's right.....what's under it is 100 hours of grinding/welding and several months of non driving time. Just drive and have fun till the madness takes hold then sawzall-smiley.gif and welder.gif or after waiting this long you will want to fighting19.gif your self.
campbellcj
Congrats on the car! Looks nice and hopefully not too many surprises lurk under that classic teener bodywork...

Getting a bunch of extra parts w/ a car purchase can be a nice score, if you have the space & time to deal with selling them off. I didn't get quite the load you did, but still cleared at least $1500 from selling extras + unneeded takeoff parts as I began my race prep. Even mundane seeming extra stuff like a spare 2L muffler, targa top, seat, etc can really add up!

Can't forget my standard SoCal smarta$$ remark -- "hey what's all that white stuff on the ground?" (Just kidding...I was in Boston a couple weeks ago and experienced it firsthand)
don9146
I know this is a little late, but you could have changed your name to "The artist formerly known as Dougwantsa914." laugh.gif
maf914
QUOTE(markb @ Feb 11 2004, 07:44 PM)
QUOTE(914ray @ Feb 11 2004, 04:48 PM)
Keep everything until you are

agree.gif

I also agree. agree.gif

But when you get settled and if you decide to clear out the leftovers just post them here. I would be interested in the bumpers if they were available.

Good luck with the new project car. And welcome to the site.

Mike
AZ914
Doug,

Congrats on the car and spare parts! smilie_pokal.gif

Regarding the wheels on the car, those are 914 FUCHS (or referred to as 2.0 FUCHS).

The other set of wheels are definitely aftermarket... though sharp!
Chris H.
QUOTE(don9146 @ Feb 12 2004, 07:26 AM)
I know this is a little late, but you could have changed your name to "The artist formerly known as Dougwantsa914." laugh.gif

I was thinking the same thing! Or an unpronounceable symbol that looked sort of like a 914 would be funny too.... lol2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.