Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hey PhotoShop gurus, who could do me a favour ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
I came accross this b/w photo of a wide body /6 recently and started to guess which colour it could be. Assuming it has a factory colour, I'd guess it could be either 2910 canary yellow or 8010 silver metallic.
Could any of you photo shop gurus bring these colours to the picture, to see how cool it would look?

bye1.gif Gustl
sean_v8_914
signal orange
davep
Looks a lot like the Erich Strenger car.
Gustl
compare it with this b/w version of the colour chart

and compare the white headlight surrounds and the glasses of the headlights and additional hood-lights with the body paint

definately not signal orange (1410) or ex-Strenger 2310 (tangerine)

I would bet it's 2910 canary yellow

just to complete the codes:
1610 - adriatic blue
2910 - canary yellow
1110 - light ivory
1410 - signal orange
1510 - irish green
2310 - tangerine

Gustl
QUOTE(davep @ Nov 11 2008, 01:39 PM) *

Looks a lot like the Erich Strenger car.

the ex-Strenger car had a darker colour (tangerine), no additional hood lights and the positive PORSCHE scripts on the side

but I aggree that it might be inspired by this car - and maybe a little inspiration from the Monte GTs (because of the Cibies)

bye1.gif Gustl
Todd Enlund
Colorizing a B&W photo is easy, making it look realistic is not.
Click to view attachment
Gustl
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Nov 11 2008, 08:30 PM) *

Colorizing a B&W photo is easy, making it look realistic is not.

realistic or not - I like it smile.gif

beerchug.gif Gustl
davep
You are correct of course, it is not the Strenger car. However, the hood stripes are the same, and I have seen them on several cars so it may have been an accessory. It might be easier to take the Strenger photo, and change the color on it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.