Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My New 914; FINALLY!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
aircooledtechguy
I recently lost my 914 virginity. I just took ownership of a 1975 1.8L 914. I've wanted one of these since I was a kid and they were new at the dealership!! Here's the stats:

1 owner (woman who never abused it; shifts and drives like new)
approx. 150K miles (speedo cable was broken @ 86K so it's speculation)
Optional Copper metallic
Black interior
Mahle wheels
Optional AM/FM Cassette (Dealer installed)
Original Coco mats
No rust except on the battery tray itself

It's complete down to the original window sticker, original dealer purchase order, title, manual, keys and every receipt since new. I feel so fortunate to have this jewel in my stable now. I hope we have a dry winter (yeah, right in the PNW) so I can take her out for a few rides. I picked it up on a rainy day, so here's the photos the day I got her:

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Having never owned a 914, I'm sure I'll have questions in the future. I'm a lifetime VW guy and these are a close cousin, but definitely not the same.
ChrisFoley
Congrats Nate,
It looks like a nice score!
jc914
Great BUY welcome.png
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Nov 11 2008, 10:52 AM) *

I recently lost my 914 virginity. I just took ownership of a 1975 1.8L 914. I've wanted one of these since I was a kid and they were new at the dealership!! Here's the stats:

1 owner (woman who never abused it; shifts and drives like new)
approx. 150K miles (speedo cable was broken @ 86K so it's speculation)
Optional Copper metallic
Black interior
Mahle wheels
Optional AM/FM Cassette (Dealer installed)
Original Coco mats
No rust except on the battery tray itself

It's complete down to the original window sticker, original dealer purchase order, title, manual, keys and every receipt since new. I feel so fortunate to have this jewel in my stable now. I hope we have a dry winter (yeah, right in the PNW) so I can take her out for a few rides. I picked it up on a rainy day, so here's the photos the day I got her:

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Having never owned a 914, I'm sure I'll have questions in the future. I'm a lifetime VW guy and these are a close cousin, but definitely not the same.

Nate,

NICE 914! Any, and all questions can be answered at this site. We have the best, most knowlegeble 914 people right here. Better than the factory.

Use us!
Pat
championgt1
Nice to see another 914 up hear in the PNW.

Congrats!
jonferns
Nice teener! Now get it out of the rain!
914Sixer
One year only, rare color. Looks like an EXCELLENT score.
tod914
Very nice looking car. Fantastic color!!!
dw914er
sweet find. I love the copper metallic btw. Absolutely gorgeous.

if you need anything, we can surely help, so welcome!
Root_Werks
Wow! That is a nice looking 914. smilie_pokal.gif
zonedoubt
Nice find. Is it originally local to your area?

More photos! Engine bay! Interior! aktion035.gif
aircooledtechguy
Thanks for the kind welcome guys. I'm gathering a small list of little things it needs to complete it. A few small things went missing over the years like the cover for the relay board in the engine bay and such, so over time I'll get those back and on.

It was originally purchased from University Porsche in Seattle (I have the original purchase order from there) and has spent it's entire life in the Seattle area though it was rarely seen on the roads since 1991. Still has the original metal license frames from U. Porsche even.

Again, thanks for the kind welcome by all. I've spent a great deal of time thus far soaking in some of the photos and info on this site. Hopefully in time, I can even contribute some to others. . .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.