Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Capping off Fuel Tank Return Fitting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xperu
I'm installing carbs and want to cap off my return line into the bottom of the tank. Can someone give me the type of fitting or method you used. Thanks Mike
Kirmizi
A bolt installed into the cut line below the tank, secured with a clamp.
Mike
McMark
I'm not a fan of the bolt technique. I prefer to get a piece of solid steel rod at the hardware store and cut a 1" section off to plug the hose. That way you don't have to worry about leaks around the threads.
rhodyguy
or use an appropriately sized shouldered bolt. wink.gif use shouldered clamps(like the OEM fi line ones) as not to cut into the capped line.
r_towle
I think, but I may be wrong, that its 18*1.0 metric threads...not sure though.
Why not get a cap nut from McMaster Carr.

Or, I think JWest (James Adams) may have a solution for this
http://www.jwesteng.com/porsche/

Its not on his site but email him...he used to carry fittings to go from the stock nut to AN lines...so he may have something.

rIch
RJMII
Why not just weld it shut... :rofl:
watsonrx13
On my previous car, I installed a valve, at the end of rubber fuel line, so that I could drain the tank. I zip-tied the valve so that it would not accidently open while I was driving...

-- Rob
bperry
How about tapping the inside of the fitting with threads as described in this thread.
Then you could insert bolt.
You could undo this modification later if you need to.

Gas tank and AN fittings, Can it be this easy?

--- bill
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.