Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Start of the track car Proj.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914werke
aktion035.gif Newbie in the House!
Glad to be here (Thanks Goeff)! Two 14's.
a 73 Sunflower yellow over Blk 2.0 street car and a 74 White/blk roller (2.0).
What I need is some help on setting up the 74 for road course work. Probably SCCA. Can anyone point me in the direction of some good sources for the prep of my race car?

R.
rick 918-S
You came to the right place. I'm not the guy to help with that, just say'n hey! And clap56.gif rev it up!
Brad Roberts
Which SCCA group do you want to run in ?? ITA/EP/FP/GT3/GT2 these are your options. The closer you get to GT2 the more expensive it is. You came to the right place. Lots of people here with 914's.

B
914werke
Ill prolly start ITA get some seat time and start saving $$ for when my brain catches up w/ my foot wub.gif

R.
Brad Roberts
I was involved with the building of 2 very quick ITA 914's over the last 2 years. One of them ended up with 15k in the car and the other had 25k in it.

Here is a "typical build sheet" adjust accordingly.

http://www.all914.com/projects/julius/juliusbuild.php

B
914werke
WOW ohmy.gif Thanks Brad. Looking at his build sheet Im well on my way as Ive been gathering/collecting parts for some time now.
The area I have inital questions about is the tub prep and Rollbar install ect.

Thanks again
Rich
seanery
Rich,

See Tony for your rollbar/cage, he's doing a group buy and there have been nothing but good words about his cages here!
Zeke
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Mar 26 2003, 11:27 PM)
I was involved with the building of 2 very quick ITA 914's over the last 2 years. One of them ended up with 15k in the car and the other had 25k in it.

Here is a "typical build sheet" adjust accordingly.

http://www.all914.com/projects/julius/juliusbuild.php

B

And don't forget, Brad is a seasoned professional race car fabricator and preparation service. I have done EVERYTHING my self and have less than $5000 in my car to date and it's done except for sorting. I'm not saying that this is an instant class winner, but it will get me some seat time w/o embarassing me. Currently, my car would be an EP car because I have a 2 ltr motor. I plan on building a 1.8 if I actually get over to SCCA. Meanwhile, the other groups don't bump up the 2 ltr too much if you don't attach the roll cage to the suspension points. (which I haven't).
Brad Roberts
Ha ha.. oh..

Seasoned (yes)
Professional (no)
Fabricator (somewhat sometimes)

Thanks for kind words Milt. I post that list from time to time just to show people what it costs to build one. Notice there is NO labor. Just parts. I say buy somebody elses car that is already done, if you can find one.

B
Bleyseng
Brad, but then its no fun!
You need to start with a rusty tub you found for cheap ($100-Ebay) with no motor or trans. Then sign up for one of those equity line of credit cards so you can pour 20K into it. Then lose interest and sell it cheap because it still is all apart after 3 years and the wife is ready to divorce you.
Actually you can find those kind of deals...sad but true.
Print out Brad's list, then make a list of your own of all you need so you can set a budget and a timeline.

Geoff
Brad Roberts
Ha ha.. YEP. The brakes you listed are not legal for ITA. You can however run the early 911/9146 brakes... which wont bolt to the Koni strut.

Rules suck, but it helps to even the playing field...a little.

B
914werke
MAJOR CRAP! mad.gif That sucks! I spent a bunnch of time evan last night reading but I didnt see that reg.!
So M calipers over vented rotors are legal? but I have to get different struts? :gilloutine:

R.
Brad Roberts
Correct. Your Koni's *should* have the desirable 3.5 inch caliper bolt spacing. The M's wont bolt to this... they use a 3 inch like the stock 4 lug 914 struts. You Koni struts have some good value to them.

B
Dave_Darling
Check the classifieds here and elsewhere. There's a good chance you can wind up with M struts plus some extra $$ for your S ones.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.