Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alfa Romeo GTV
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
I know some of you have a liking for the fubby looking Italian cars so I thought I'd put some pics up of the one I just finished. Nothing special other than it has 26,000 ORIGINAL miles !! One owner, obviously garage kept. Paint had gone the way of most old paint jobs despite his care of the car. Went to bare metal, NO, ZERO, NADA rust at all. Only a few dents and the normal crappy factory stamping at the corners.
scotty b
more
r_towle
is that gonna be.....

Ferrari red?

Rich
scotty b
oknw
jc914
Nice paint job it looks new smilie_pokal.gif
scotty b
Damn I wish I had a red car to do dry.gif Green is a change I can believe in unsure.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 11 2008, 04:46 PM) *

is that gonna be.....

Ferrari red?

Rich

ar15.gif av-943.gif ar15.gif av-943.gif ar15.gif av-943.gif
scotty b
The dissassembled red car in that pic is the GTA I have been working on for almost 4 years now. Anal concours car. WAY over restored but I love it, because it is the first car I have been told to do as nice as I can. smile.gif Painted all the way out over a year ago, let uit sit and I am now wet sanding and re-clearing it. Gonna be uber slick. Got the removable panels done last week
okieflyr
Brings back fond memories. I got to use a red one just like it for a summer years ago. It was my daily driver from the office stable of cars, and it had a great running engine! biggrin.gif With no a/c, it was HOT in August.
r_towle
damn you do like red...
I was kidding when I said you must have gallons of red paint....I guess you do....

Rich
scotty b
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 11 2008, 05:06 PM) *

damn you do like red...
I was kidding when I said you must have gallons of red paint....I guess you do....

Rich

Wrong ! I do NOT like red. Never have, but the cars were predominately red so that's what I gots ta do. Me ? I kinda dig green, black, black cherry, dark purple, occasionaly blue if it's on the right car. Chryslers going blue...it's the right car, and the right shade aktion035.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 11 2008, 08:11 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 11 2008, 05:06 PM) *

damn you do like red...

Rich

Wrong ! I do NOT like red. Never have, but the cars were predominately red so that's what I gots ta do. Me ? I kinda dig green, black, black cherry, dark purple, occasionaly blue if it's on the right car. Chryslers going blue...it's the right car, and the right shade aktion035.gif

Damn shame you are not up here....great looking work there..

rich
Cap'n Krusty
I had a blue one, a '68 titled as a '67. One of the most fun cars I've ever owned ............ Interior fell apart, though, just like a Ferrari or Maserati. The Cap'n
Dr Evil
You can always ship biggrin.gif poke.gif
TC 914-8
QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 11 2008, 04:45 PM) *

more

It looks like on the Alpha emblem a snake is eating a man ?

if I was going to have a red car I'd have you do it, looks flawless. w00t.gif
KaptKaos
I love those 105s. Gorgeous cars.
LarryR
that is sweet. I love the depth in the paint. I have always had a soft spot for GTV's.
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Nov 11 2008, 07:41 PM) *

I love those 105s. Gorgeous cars.

agree.gif

An extremely nice 1750 GTV sold for $44K in Monterey this past August. Back in the late '60s and early '70s, I subconsciously put the 105 series Alfas and 911s in the same price/performance category. However, when the late '70s and early '80s Alfas evolved into the Alfetta Sedan and Alfetta GTV, their weight, size and (relative to the 105 series) complexity caused them to lose some of the endearing "lightness of being" that we find so appealing in our 914s. The 911 went upmarket and the Alfas' market competetor became the 924/944 series.
Borderline
Scotty, you do nice work. Beautiful!
Rick_Eberle
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Nov 12 2008, 01:51 PM) *

No, just his soul, his mind, and his wallet. The rest gets spat out so it can buy a 914...
plymouth37
You really do some amazing work, that paint reflection is unreal!
I have always loved these little Alphas, I actually found a yellow one rotting away in the mountians above Boulder. After seeing this thread I may have to go take a closer look at it, as if I didn't have my hands full already...
jmill
The GTV is also one of my favorites. I had a spider and a friend had a GTV. His was tan. Mine was zippier but I liked his better. Unfortunately a good one is out of my price range. sad.gif Does it still have the fuel injection or did he go with the side drafts? I love the side drafts. It took me months just to find the Euro manifold and spacers.
Bleyseng
One of my all time favorite cars, nice.
PeeGreen 914
Very nice work Scotty. Every time I see something you do I am impressed. piratenanner.gif

My best friend's father-in-law is the guy that sold his at Monteray for 44k. It was a very nice Alfa but his race car is better. He has an GTV with actual vintage race history that he tracks. Must be nice to have that kind of money dry.gif piratenanner.gif
beech4rd
Beautiful cars and excellent work. One of my earliest employers offered a company car with the job and I discovered that a Alfa 1750 Veloce was within the price range I was allowed. I asked for one and some six weeks after starting, I was told my company car had arrived. I was pretty excited until I discovered that the boss felt I needed a Mazda B1500 pick up. I quit two weeks later.
This is one of Giorgetto Guigaro's first designs and it holds up really well.
They did come in colors other than red. I saw this car at a British car show in Woodstock, NY last spring. Only the Jaguar E Types were better looking. I like the front fenders of the earlier cars that have the raised cut line running back from the outside edged of the front fender to the hood openingClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
scotty b
QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Nov 11 2008, 10:21 PM) *

I actually found a yellow one rotting away in the mountians above Boulder. After seeing this thread I may have to go take a closer look at it, as if I didn't have my hands full already...

You should the value of these things has really taken off the last couple years.

Jmill this one still has the stock fuel injection. 2.0 liter and plenty of zip. Obviously being this low mileage it is by far the best driving one I have been in.

Alfa Spyders ?? icon8.gif barf.gif barf.gif Pile of stromberg.gif IMHO That car is an insult to the whole European car world, a step above the Lada. I hate them. ar15.gif ar15.gif No offense unsure.gif
scotty b
[quote name='TC 914-8' date='Nov 11 2008, 06:51 PM' post='1101127']
cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 11 2008, 04:45 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
more
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah quite a story behind the badge. I can never completely remember it. I'll see if I can't find it on the net

here ya go

http://www.homdrum.net/alfa/alfahistory_logo.html
beech4rd
The Alfa enblem is derived from the seal of the state of Lombardy, rather like the Porsche emblem is the city seal of Stuttgart. Alfa= Anomina Lombarda Fabrica Automobili. Or the Auto Manufacturing Company of Lombardy. And the 1750s handle better than the 2.0l cars because their engines weigh less and there's less " luxury " crap in the cars.
Chris
Katmanken
That brings back memories...

I live that chasssis and engine. My dad had a 1750 Berlina which was a 4 door sedan on the same chassis. He paid $1450.00 for a car with 18k miles.

He saw an ad for a small car for sale, went to look at it, and a lady had just inherited a big car and a big estate and didn't want the little car anymore.

It was slow on takeoff and had great pickup at above 50...

Love the manual... 'Kindly do not exceed 132 mph in 4th gear"...

I can still hear my mom winding it out to redline whenever she drove.....

Ken
krazykonrad
Nice! smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.