Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Talk about dumb luck
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
This guy has the luckiest dumbness. huh.gif One of 6 factory built drag cars. Fastest car in 1963 etc. BIG time history and the guy HAD no clue

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...567#ht_3045wt_0
messix
thats like finding a 471 car
sww914
Super cool story!
I like the part where the owner stuck to what he said that he would do. He said, I'm selling it on ebay. period.
TedK
Someone with money to burn I guess. Is it just me?......I can't for the life of me see that POS worth anything near that selling price. history or not.
sww914
QUOTE(TedK @ Nov 11 2008, 07:39 PM) *

Someone with money to burn I guess. Is it just me?......I can't for the life of me see that POS worth anything near that selling price. history or not.

The same is said about our cars.
TedK
Yes, but over $220.000? You could buy a couple of awesome, excellent condition supercars for that much.
JRust
Holy crapola! Why does that never happen to me headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif . Talk about hitting the lotto beer.gif Cheers my man you are one lucky dude
messix
QUOTE(TedK @ Nov 11 2008, 08:39 PM) *

if serial number 9140432541 was found in a barn some where how much do you think it would sell for? google the s/n
Lou W
Wow what a find, you never know what may be parked in someones driveway. shades.gif
tdgray
Hehe... notice his EXCLAIMER about payment... dumb hillbilly. biggrin.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 11 2008, 11:17 PM) *

Holy crapola! Why does that never happen to me headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif . Talk about hitting the lotto beer.gif Cheers my man you are one lucky dude

Didn't you just trip over a rock and find a Creamsicle? poke.gif
markb
Wow, great story.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Nov 12 2008, 07:55 AM) *

I was just thinking the same thing av-943.gif

Cool story really. Car is not my cup o tea but for a muscle car guy this would be a killer find with the history behind it.
Michael N

av-943.gif
Twise
Thats pretty cool. Lucky bastard...

I would love to have an original 471 - maybe someday...
byndbad914
I think the best part is he didn't get screwed... evilbay actually worked for him as he would have never known but for listing on eBay (clearly the community started asking questions about the car and drove everyone to determine it's origin).

Had that traded hands locally and some guy just restored it, it could still be floating as a mystery and maybe traded hands for a couple grand.

Fricken cool IMO.

I love some of his comments too (don't know what's in trunk, hopefully not Hoffa, etc). I loved the EXCLAIMER as well hahahaha.
beech4rd
In the answers to questions he was asked about the car, the seller suggests that Jay Leno is the buyer. And he probably has money to burn.
Chris
JRust
QUOTE(Michael N @ Nov 12 2008, 10:37 AM) *

av-943.gif

That is true but it ain't worth no 220k dry.gif . If I'm wrong I'll list that sucker right now huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.