Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Custom wheels options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ellisor3
I have been looking for a set of reasonably priced custom wheels for my 914-6 w/flares. The problem I have found is that when you need a staggered 16x7, 16x9 in a 5x130 bolt pattern, the choices are very limited. I finally found some sources for the wheels and thought I would share since this was much more difficult than I thought. There are three main problem with custom wheels in this array. One is that there are very few companies that make a 16" wheel custom, and secondly are maybe more important, most custom shops get their hoops from the same source; that company no longer makes a 9" hoop. The third problem is that when you go to tires, the tire manufacturers are eliminating many of the choices in 16" and most of the choices in the 9" are already pretty slim. Ok here is the list and approx. cost in no certain order:

www.introwheels $1900/set
www.usacomp $2300/set
www.boydcoddington $3500/set
www.wheelenhancement. has a good selection of several choices-no prices listed
www.ncforged $3000/set
www.rh-wheels.com $2000/set
www.hrewheels.com $3500/set 540 series only,17"
www.bozeforged.com ?? 17" x8 & 10 only
www.thewheelconnection Pro Series 17 x7,8,10 $1700/set
www.newstalgiawheels.com good source, many custom options, and the wheel visualizer has a 914 in the selection-pretty cool.

If anyone has other options feel free to add

James
sixnotfour
http://www.fikse.com/products.html

This ones local for you; he has been making porsche wheels for years
Gary Stratton Stratton Motosports (407)421-1911
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.