Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Happy Veterans Day
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flippa
I was just checking out the site & was bummed to see that there was no acknowledgement of Veterans Day.

I am not looking to start a political discussion here, and really don't care to hear anyone's opinions on the current wars; it is about thanking these individuals who have sacrificed so much defending our freedom.

I just wanted remind everyone to remember & thank our friends & family that are currently serving or have served our country.

To all of the members out there that served our country - Thanks!!!
KELTY360
You're welcome. Thanks for the acknowledgement.

Sgt., 1st Air Cav
US Army
RVN 1971-'72
Root_Werks
I took yesterday off and worked on my 914, visited some fallen friends (Including my father). It was a good day.

Thanks to all that have served and given so much. I am always grateful to have the freedom to do the things I love doing.
Cap'n Krusty
Hey! It's OK. Vietnam vets are used to it (he said with some bitterness .....) Anyway, I worked so the politicians and gummint employees could have the day off .........

The Cap'n
Gint
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Nov 12 2008, 09:37 AM) *
I worked so the politicians and gummint employees could have the day off .........

Same here John! laugh.gif
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Nov 12 2008, 08:43 AM) *

Sgt., 1st Air Cav
US Army
RVN 1971-'72

Marc, where were you over there.... I was in Ben Hoa with the 1st cav and also up north during 72....

Bruce Hinds
Thanks for starting ths thread.
KELTY360

agree.gif

QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Nov 12 2008, 10:24 AM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Nov 12 2008, 08:43 AM) *

Sgt., 1st Air Cav
US Army
RVN 1971-'72

Marc, where were you over there.... I was in Ben Hoa with the 1st cav and also up north during 72....

Bearcat and Bien Hoa for me. We were the assholes in the black Stetsons.

PM sent.
flippa
I spent the day with my brother (also a veteran) pulling my boat out of the water. A beautiful Fall day in New England, low 40's & windy. We froze our asses off & had a great time.

I find it amazing that so many take for granted the freedom we have in this country.

I have the utmost respect for all you Vietnam Vets; I drilled with a bunch of your brothers when I was a weekend warrior years ago. I always found it disturbing hearing stories about the attitude you had to deal with when you returned.

Thank you all.
Drums66
I personally never served myself.....but I have a lot of
close people that have.....and I salute all that have served. smilie_pokal.gif
Dominic
Thanks for starting this thread.... beerchug.gif

I am currently serving in the USAF at Misawa AB, Japan working for the 373rd Intel Group.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.