Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT: but thought I'd share
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
So I have not been able to be on here much the past few days because I was studying like mad for a big test, my real estate brokers license test. My dad, who has been a broker for about 38 years now, told me it was time to go for it. I have been in real estate for five youers now and decided he was right. So, this past week I have been doing the 60 hours of class time required to take the test. Well, this mourning I went in and passed the test with a near perfect score piratenanner.gif .

I'm very excited to finally have this license and also to be done with all the class work.

Now I can go back to being on here al the time laugh.gif
Drums66
Glad to hear about any success in todays world!
congrats!!!! smilie_pokal.gif
PeeGreen 914
Thanks beerchug.gif , now I can get back to work on my 914 finally piratenanner.gif .
RJMII
Congrats, Jon!
carr914
Good Job, Jon beerchug.gif

T.C.
messix
smilie_pokal.gif
Todd Enlund
Sweet! aktion035.gif
dw914er
good job Jon!
PeeGreen 914
beerchug.gif Thanks guys.
wbergtho
It feels good to finally get it behind you and peal your nose out from between the books...Great job. I just passed my contractor's license test...but I'm not sure if it will do me any good now that the friggin economy has all but collapsed. Not many people out there spending $ on their houses knowing that the values are plummeting. Having a real estate license is more useful. You can sell the houses from people who lost everything to those who have not.
PeeGreen 914
beerchug.gif Congrats you you as well then. I would say you should do fine in this economy as the people who don't want to buy are still fixing up their homes and need a good contractor. Just need to keep looking and you will find something drunk.gif That's how the real estate industry is as well.
JRust
Way to go Bovey aktion035.gif . Congrats
Lou W
Congratulations beerchug.gif
effutuo101
Nice job Jon!
Root_Werks
Brokers? Oh great! Now you're gonna be breakin' everything on your 914! biggrin.gif

Kidding, congrats dude!
championgt1
Congrats Jon! beerchug.gif
9146FAN
Congratulations from down south a ways. Great accomplishment!
boxstr
Way to go, I have been there and it isn't all that easy.
CCLIN1%COMMISION
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Nov 12 2008, 07:10 PM) *

Brokers? Oh great! Now you're gonna be breakin' everything on your 914! biggrin.gif

Kidding, congrats dude!

Don't I already break everything on my 914 blink.gif That's why I'm glad you're around laugh.gif

Actually it is more like I am broker for having taken the classes and the test headbang.gif

It'll pay off in the long run though driving.gif
TC 914-8
Good Job Jon,

Get your self poised for the great market rebound of 09, or10, or11,or12....... You'll be sporting a 3.6 in no time. piratenanner.gif
mojorisen914
Jon,
Congradulations man. Way to go! beer.gif
MoveQik
Nice work Jon. Come down to AZ and I can work for you. biggrin.gif

But seriouslty, are you going to do anything with it in the near term?

I keep going back and forth if I want to get mine(after almost 7 years) but I can't see where it does anything but add overhead & liability here in AZ.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Nov 13 2008, 11:09 AM) *

Nice work Jon. Come down to AZ and I can work for you. biggrin.gif

But seriouslty, are you going to do anything with it in the near term?

I keep going back and forth if I want to get mine(after almost 7 years) but I can't see where it does anything but add overhead & liability here in AZ.

I'm not going to open my own brokerage. I think of it as a kind of notch on the belt. If I want to run an office I can but my dad did that for over 30 years and always told me he would have done much better just being an agent. At a point in the 90's he was telling me how having agents he had to babysit them so much it was hurting his business. He brought Re/Max into WA back in the late 80's and then sold his company around 2000. Since then he has just worked as an agent and loved the freedom he's had. When you are an agent with a brokers license you are listed as an associate broker which looks better than just having agent on your card. I don't know what I may do really but now I have the option to do whatever I want.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.