Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has This Made The Rounds Yet?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gint
blink.gif
smontanaro
I think that boy's gonna need new tires pretty soon...
jsayre914
Looks like fun, it would be more exciting if law enforcment was trying to catch him.
aktion035.gif
Root_Werks
huh.gif
dw914er
that was pretty cool IMO
Lou W
confused24.gif I guess I'm getting old, I don't get it. Doesn't look like racing to me.
Eric_Shea
I tend to agree. Kind of a cross between autocross and drifting leaning more to the drifting side. I mean... I agree, you're getting old! biggrin.gif

Talent though... blink.gif
sixnotfour
looks like a monster of a good time..
boxstr
yellowsleep[1].gif
CCLINFORMULAD
championgt1
Thank god for rev limiters. aktion035.gif
Bruce Hinds
Yeah man, that's some kind of driving. It may not be racing, but "m worn out just watching.....
PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif That looks like fun. I wish I had a car I didn't care about and a space to try that at. The talent this guy has is increadible.

Drift racing I don't like but this exhibition was very cool. aktion035.gif
messix
dry.gif pft..... lets see him try with out swaybars shades.gif
Porcharu
Looks like drifting for smart people!! I would love to take a ride in that beast.
plymouth37
Damn. That is some serious talent. That bit with the segway was hilarous.
Mark Henry
Watch the movie SpeedRacer one too many times.
helios
Don't think of it as a drift exercise, think of it as an excercise in car control.

Ken Block is actually a rally racer, not a drifter. '05 Rally America Rookie of the Year, followed up w/ a 2nd place overall in the '06 and 3rd overall in '07 Rally America seasons.

Ken Block Bio
dw914er
most drifters were racing in other circuits before**

and drift is exercise in car control imo
Todd Enlund
The handbrake turn around the single cone was pretty sweet.
Twise
Great car control, but he has the course fully memorized. I would like to see his first time on that course compared to his last time. One things for sure, dude can drive! Man that subaru sound like a demon from hell. A demon from hell with a rev limiter.
spare time toys
Fun to watch but wouldnt he have been faster with out the big power slides and hitting the apex of the corner??
dw914er
QUOTE(spare time toys @ Nov 13 2008, 01:52 PM) *

Fun to watch but wouldnt he have been faster with out the big power slides and hitting the apex of the corner??

even faster if he went in a straight line.

the idea is to be fast, but also test the limits of the car, and your own control
6freak
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 12 2008, 07:23 PM) *

SIGN ME UP ..THAT WOULD BE A HOOT driving.gif
Zaney
DAMN! That looks like FUN! driving.gif

Sigh... My suby engine won't do that yet.... happy11.gif

Picked up a N/A 2002 2.5LSOHC engine and trans.

Going to make room for future upgrades as I can afford them.

With my new suspension mods I installed I think I could do that course without drifting beer.gif Need a better seat and harness first though.

That's why I love 914's. We stick to the road not drift across it! smilie_pokal.gif

GET SOME!
JRust
That was pretty kick ass! That guy has some serious skill. Obviously he had the course memorized. Still HOLY COW he can drive. I'd love to have some real open space like that without having to worry about the coppers. Tough to open your car up on the open road. Seriously cool driving aktion035.gif
orange914
i'm not about to show that to any of my sons biggrin.gif
that is skill driving.gif
charliew
I wonder how many fenders he went through before he got up to that level. By the tire marks I'd say the motor probably needs a refresh. They only thing better was to have another one right behind him.

I got a email from my son showing a stunt pilot landing a plane with one wing. it may be trick as it sorta looks like a model plane at times but it seems concevable. I don't know how to make a link on it.
ninefourteener
Ken Block is definitely the coolest man alive.

He's got several really interesting vids on youtube. I don't have access at work..... but he did one AMAZING jump in an STI rally car... just type in "Ken Block jumps Subaru" or something like that.

He also did a really fun video for DC shoes (He's the Co-founder I believe) up in the mountains with a bunch of snowboarders.... and an STI rally car hitting the slopes.... just type in "DC mountain lab subaru".

Both very cool to watch.
biosurfer1
here is the snow-cross vid....pretty damn cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av0VsTxJd78
carr914
I would have been really impressed if it was done in one take. How many times did he do each scene before they got the ONE? He went through FOUR sets of tires to make a 4 minute video. Talent - Yes, Waste of Resources - Definate Yes.

T.C.
horizontally-opposed
Incredible display of car control.

And creativity.

pete
ericread
This was an excellent example of a rally driver on a closed course. Just goes to prive that rally drivers are insane.

Too cool!!!

Eric Read

Lou W
QUOTE(charliew @ Nov 14 2008, 12:25 PM) *

I wonder how many fenders he went through before he got up to that level. By the tire marks I'd say the motor probably needs a refresh. They only thing better was to have another one right behind him.

I got a email from my son showing a stunt pilot landing a plane with one wing. it may be trick as it sorta looks like a model plane at times but it seems concevable. I don't know how to make a link on it.

Here you go:

Plane lands with only one wing
dudes got insane skills. but id like to see that done in a 914, jk.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.