Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MPG
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
retrofit
Just filled up the other day and figured my stop and go in town mileage to be 19 MPG. Is this about average for that type of driving?
1974 2.0 with FI.
Curious.
Allen
Justinp71
I have a carb'd 3.0, I just check my mileage yesterday. With mixed highway/town and traffic I got 17mpg. And yes there was some 'spirited' driving but not a whole lot. smile.gif

I know alot of people get closer to 30mpg with the four's but that might be highway mileage, not sure...
blitZ
I get 25 city driving.

9550 cam
dJet.
914helo
When I had my 2.0 with D-jet I was typically getting low 20's in the city and very high 20's on the highway. Now with my Suby conversion I'm still on my first tank of gas...I better get driving. driving.gif
Justinp71
QUOTE(914helo @ Nov 13 2008, 12:43 PM) *

When I had my 2.0 with D-jet I was typically getting low 20's in the city and very high 20's on the highway. Now with my Suby conversion I'm still on my first tank of gas...I better get driving. driving.gif

Keep us posted, that will be an interesting number. Is it the wrx motor?
914helo
Is it the wrx motor?

No, it's the SVX 3.3L. I recently finished it. I don't want to hijack; I'll post some pic's this weekend.
RiqueMar
I'll have a 2.0L w/ Carbs when done, what can I expect to get?
dw914er
probably 28-30 on the freeway with basically a 1.7 FI

city is much worse, but thats probably my fault biggrin.gif
markb
Shitty.

But I gots a lead foot. biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(retrofit @ Nov 13 2008, 12:04 PM) *

Just filled up the other day and figured my stop and go in town mileage to be 19 MPG. Is this about average for that type of driving?
1974 2.0 with FI.

~25 mpg with a 300HP 3.6L /6 ...
happy11.gif Andy
JRust
In my 70 v8 conversion I got around 22mpg on the falling leaf tour last month. Not to spirited a driving but I was happy with the number. I'm only around the 220hp range though dry.gif . Wanna trade Andy blink.gif pray.gif
wbergtho
I got 26 mpg on my 2000 mile road trip to the RCR (Western Wisconsin to Huntsville, AL) driving a 540HP LS6 powered 914 V-8. I guess the 930 tall gearing is helping me drink less gas. I averaged 77 mph on the way home driving.gif (with 3 stops) and still got 26 mpg. aktion035.gif I was honestly a bit shocked. idea.gif
marks914
21MPG all day long, with a DZ 302

Mark
IPB Image
Gint
In the zambeziteen with 1.8 case/heads based 2056 and 40IDF carbs I get 20-21 daily driving. And I drive it like I stole it most of the time.
East coaster
26mpg average with my 3.6........I was kinda surprised.
LarryR
mine is probably the most expensive to operate as it runs on beer. I only tend to push it out of the garage after 1 or 2 beers so I guess I am getting somewhere around 14 feet to either 12 or 24 ounces of beer beerchug.gif
Ericv1

I have a stock 1.8 L-Jet. I get around 28 MPG when driving around town.
degreeoff
um I can get a couple grocery runs and MAYBE a coffee stop out of a 1/2 tank...whats that ? 25 miles and 8 gallons.....?

But really I get prob 8-12 per gallon because as stated above I like to GOOOOooooo driving.gif and those PMO's sound suck it down good!

Josh
Krieger
On the other end of the spectrum. Three years ago I attended a two day autocross school with my djetted 2270. In those two days I drove 28 miles and used almost 8 gallons of gas! I could not believe what a thirsty slob she could be, but it was so worth it.
Eric_Shea
You 3.6 guys can bite me biggrin.gif

15mpg

220hp 2.5
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(LarryR @ Nov 13 2008, 07:54 PM) *

mine is probably the most expensive to operate as it runs on beer. I only tend to push it out of the garage after 1 or 2 beers so I guess I am getting somewhere around 14 feet to either 12 or 24 ounces of beer beerchug.gif

That's 35-70 gallons/mile. beer.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 14 2008, 10:35 AM) *

You 3.6 guys can bite me biggrin.gif

call me.gif mcmark.gif
number6
Is everyone adjusting for wheels/tires size changes? I assume most people are at least not running stock tire profiles, no?

Adjusted...I was getting ~25mpg on my 2.0 L-Jet (built up from a 1.8) for mixed city-highway driving. That's tossing the car around like a go kart. Over 30mpg straight highway cruising on my last long trip, running between 65-80mph.

Now w/ the 3.2 and Webers, I'm down to ~17-18mpg. Hoping to see mid 20s once I switch back to DME and have taller gearing (running stock '74 box at the moment).

The difference between 18 and 25 doesn't seem that significant on paper, but, to me at least, it's major, especially with our small gas tanks. Constantly stopping for gas is such a nag and really reduces enjoyment on long trips. I don't know how those guys with supercars get anywhere with 6mpg! (According to Top Gear, that's what the McLaren F1 gets!)
pete-stevers
just over half a tank from Abbotsford to Seattle and back
with a stock-ish cis 3.0
tires are 16 50 225s square
i think i should make the trip more often
morgan_harwell
I just pulled out my fill-up/mileage log sheet and ran the calcs to get the gas mileage numbers.

I'm getting 24-25mpg, mostly Highway(75mph) & 4th gear Mountain Roads(60mph) driving. On a long highway trip it went 425 miles/tank, or ~32mpg.

Engine: '73 911T 2.4L/6 with CIS fuel injection "stock as a stove".
Tires: 205/60/15 Bridgestones.
Transmission: stock 1973 914/4
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.