Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front oil cooler size?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jhadler
So...

Now that I'm closing in on the reality that my car might ACTUALLY be running (more on that another time) for the '09 season. I'm thinking once again on oil coolers...

I'm planning on front mounted, behind the front clip bulkhead (removing rubber the grommets only), and venting out to the wheel wells. I plan to use AN-10 lines up the longs into the front trunk.

That being said, what size cooler would be the most effective? (both for temperature control and cost). I'm looking at an Earl's 14x4 from summit, but would like input from y'all on what would be the best choice.

Thanks!

-Josh2
SirAndy
Simple, get the biggest one you can afford and/or fit in the front.
Then, run a thermostat close to the engine.

driving.gif Andy
Brett W
First Gen Rx7 oil coolers are a good option. They have a T-stat in them, but you are better off using an Earl's unit close to the motor like Andy mentioned. Racing Beat sells the adapter fittings to go from the metric sealing ring thread to a 10-AN fitting. Or you can cut the old fittings off and weld on new AN10 nipples. Both are reasonable options. They are pretty cheap and very solid coolers.
Ferg
Josh, have you shopped here?

http://www.batinc.net/coolers.htm

I've purchased two coolers from them, and have been happy.

Size wise, your guess is as good as mine for a 2.0

Ferg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.