Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '75 - '76 rubber bumper bubbling
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johnnie5
Hello all,
This is my first post here on 914 World. My name is John and I live in San Diego. I was fortunate enough to have a '75 with 40k ORIGINAL miles fall into my lap in January. Looks like it was stored in a bubble! This is my 3rd 914 I have owned, the other two I owned 20 years ago (a '75 and a '73, not at the same time). Both unfortunately met their demise way before their time (the '75 via a rear ender at the hands opposite a young.....lady, applying lipstick in her rear-view mirror). I am very excited to be immersed back into the wonderful world of the 914 Porsche, my favorite car. Also for this awesome website and the people here -Thank you. Already so helpful words don't even do it!

O.K. enough of the slippery stuff, my '75 front bumper has a raised 'bubble' in the rubber dead center closest to where it meets the metal on top. I have seen this before, and may even recall my old '75 having it as well. Any idea's on how to make it 'sit down' back in place? I thought of heating it up with a heat gun, but am afraid to damage the rubber. Anyone have a tried and true fix for this?
Krieger
welcome.png please post a picture. You may consider removing the bumper and gluing something flat underneath the area, or to the metal part of the bumper. Lets see whatcha got.
pjf
If you can't find a fix, I have a front (and a rear) bumper from a '76 that needs a home.
wbergtho
If you can't find a fix, I have a front (and a rear) bumper from a '76 that needs a home.

So do I. Let me know if you need it. Welcome to the crazy world of 914 ownership...again.
johannes
wavey.gif

welcome.png

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.