Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Post your best Road Trip Stories
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
Ok I don't remember this topic coming up yet. I love Road Trips. It's too late for me to start my story tonight but you insomniacs get busy!
airsix
Best 914 road trip? The Pacific NorthWest contingent was planning a get-together and I just didn't figure I could get away to attend (I live on the OTHER side of Washington). I was swamped with work and hadn't taken any time off that year. My wife Jamie was looking over my shoulder as I typed an email to the groups saying I couldn't make it - have fun without me. She said "Excuse me. What is this about?" Then she sent me out to the garage to finish the car because I was going to take some time off and we were going to go and that was final. (She's great). So I took a week off of work and the two of us piled our stuff into the track car and took a one-week 1,400 mile road trip in a loud stiff track-preped 914. And we both had a blast. We drove to the Oregon coast and played on the beach, went whale watching, shopping (because I love her), hiking, and drove up and down the beautiful coastline. At the end of the week we drove up to Rennton WA and met up with the 914 gang for the day and then drove back over the Cascades to Kennewick. I couldn't beleive Jamie would tolerate a week in that car but she says to this day it was the best vacaton we've ever had, and I agree.

Went on vacation in track car and wife liked it. Truth is stranger than fiction. blink.gif

-Ben M.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.