Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rubber spacer for windshield?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
number6
Can someone please tell me where the 914-541-907-10 rubber spacers go when installing a windshield? Pelican indicates 2 are required per car. I recently had a new w/s installed, and we didn't use these. blink.gif

(My old w/s didn't have these either.)
Solo914
QUOTE(number6 @ Nov 14 2008, 12:54 PM) *

Can someone please tell me where the 914-541-907-10 rubber spacers go when installing a windshield? Pelican indicates 2 are required per car. I recently had a new w/s installed, and we didn't use these. blink.gif

Are those the rubber spacers you put on the bottom windshield sill that the windshield sits on to set the correct gap?

Kyle

southernmost914
QUOTE(number6 @ Nov 14 2008, 03:54 PM) *

They are only for setting (spacing)the windshield in place. Not a perminent part.

Steve
number6
QUOTE(southernmost914 @ Nov 14 2008, 12:59 PM) *

They are only for setting (spacing)the windshield in place. Not a perminent part.

Steve

PHEW! thanks, steve.
Al Meredith
The spacer in the picture is the same one I remover from the rear window. The front one had a larger spacer.
horizontally-opposed
Are these still readily available?

Thanks!

pete
southernmost914
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Nov 14 2008, 05:45 PM) *

Are these still readily available?

Thanks!

pete

Automotive window installers have boxes of them in many sizes. Also come with 3m window install kits. Common nothing special. bye1.gif
Steve
horizontally-opposed
Thanks! About to do this and want to get it right this time.

My window guy, whoever he ends up being, better love me, as I ground the whole frame down to metal. No scraping and over-previous-work needed...

Here's to no more crazy ridiculous windnoise. And trim that fits right. And no cracked windshield one week after doing it! wacko.gif

pete
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.