Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's a NOS 914-6 Chassis Wire Harness Worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
What would this be worth? What would you pay if you needed or wanted one?
Opinions please...
Kev
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(kconway @ Nov 14 2008, 04:10 PM) *

What would this be worth? What would you pay if you needed or wanted one?
Opinions please...
Kev

I would think it would be worth a few hundred. That said I would put it Evilbay if you want top dollar for it as people on there go nuts for this sort of thing. If you just want to sell it to one of your fellows that wants it I am sure 4-500 would be fair. Again, I may be way low since I have never looked into it but just the rarity of this part makes me feel it would be worth a bit.
Todd Enlund
Used -4 harnesses go for $100-$200... I'd guess a NOS -6 harness would be worth big bucks, but you need to find the right buyer.
JeffBowlsby
The last NOS 914/6 harness on ebay that I know of was in Dec 2006.

It went for 950 george washingtons.

http://members.rennlist.com/914_collectibles/NLAParts.htm

That is still significantly less than it would cost to build new.
kconway
Clarification --> I don't own this harness but someone that does asked me if I wanted to buy it for $2K. I have no affiliation and cannot even vouch for the sellers integrity. I'm doing business with them via eBay and they seem to have pretty good feedback. In fact, I'm pretty sure someone here may even know the seller. I have no need for it but wanted to get a feel for what something like that would be worth before I dropped his contact info on this board. Didn't want to post info on an overpriced item. I did ask him and he said he was "very firm" on that price. If this interests you drop Dave Buhain an email:
msroadrace@msroadrace.com

Kev
sbonthemesa
HAH, MS Road and Rape? He can keep it.
6freak
QUOTE(kconway @ Nov 14 2008, 07:52 PM) *

Clarification --> I don't own this harness but someone that does asked me if I wanted to buy it for $2K. I have no affiliation and cannot even vouch for the sellers integrity. I'm doing business with them via eBay and they seem to have pretty good feedback. In fact, I'm pretty sure someone here may even know the seller. I have no need for it but wanted to get a feel for what something like that would be worth before I dropped his contact info on this board. Didn't want to post info on an overpriced item. I did ask him and he said he was "very firm" on that price. If this interests you drop Dave Buhain an email:
msroadrace@msroadrace.com

Kev

2K...... what the hell his he smoke`n
914Sixer
The last one I bought from Dave Asse two years ago was $1K. I priced one earlier this year and he wanted $1,500 now.
kconway
Don't sweat it guys...I was told it sold this morning. Stock in a "6" is going up.
Kev

smilie_pokal.gif
IronHillRestorations
Ya, if it's MS Road & Race, he's got a very liberal description of NOS. Lightly used, not used hard....
PeeGreen 914
blink.gif $2k? I thought they were worth a bit but had no idea it would cost that much. unsure.gif
echocanyons
I don't own this harness but someone that does asked me if I wanted to buy it for $2K.

I have one that I will not be using if anyone is interested for half that price.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.