Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did someone buy GPR?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
Whats up? I thought they were all done when Dave passed away.
The banner ad isn't an active link but has a phone #.
Anyone have the details?
markb
Somebody finally noticed. smile.gif
ericread
popcorn[1].gif
boxstr
Okay we noticed, so whats up?
CCL
markb
I can't say much other than another lister here (henceforth referred to as "The Boss") bought the assets to GPR & will have to fill you in on the details. The doors are open, we're taking orders (I'm just the peon, The Boss really does the order taking for now biggrin.gif ). The website is being revamped (and anyone who has ever had to do that knows what a pain it is) so it's not up except for emails, but the 800 number works during the day (working on glitches in the AT &T system so it works all the time) as does the normal 805 549-8525 number. You can also contact me, and when The Boss surfaces, I'm sure he'll take an order or 2 by PM or email.

A nice tribute to Dave will be going up on the website when we get it back up, so if you have any pics you'd like to share, you can send them to us to add.
CliffBraun
Mark, I don't get why you're being so coy. (I got this all from online info, so don't feel bad about posting it)

New owner appears to be Jonathan Reiss, who goes by the nick Hwgunner here.

Your email address doesn't work, but I figure I'll hear about when it actually opens from you or Steve.
hwgunner
Its me. I did it.

I bought the assets of the business from Dave's estate. We are in the same location for the next six months and have also acquired the same phone numbers so that all those old ads and magnets will work. Escrow closed on Friday afternoon to make it official but the phones have been up for about a week. Markb is right about the glitch with the phones, right now they are transferring to a voicemail system that I do not have access to unfortunately. As for being coy, I think that markb just wanted me to say it. You certainly wouldn't look at him and think he was being "coy".

As for the business, I have been very fortunate that the majority of the vendors that I have contacted have been good to work with and I am going to continue to sell the same items that Dave did.

Tons of things to work on right now: website, phones, tons of new parts, manufacturing, computers, etc., etc.

It will definitely be a long row to how.

I want to say that there are a couple people who already knew about this and I want to thank them for there support and kind words.

I lookforward to the hard work ahead. driving.gif

sww914
Johnathan, it warms my cold heart to see that pile of doors that have been sitting there for so long, I think since Donald organized them.
I'm glad that GPR live and breathes again!
sww914
BTW, how many friggin 924 doors do you need? smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
hwgunner
QUOTE(sww914 @ Nov 15 2008, 05:13 PM) *

BTW, how many friggin 924 doors do you need? smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

None?? driving.gif
bfrymire
QUOTE(sww914 @ Nov 15 2008, 05:12 PM) *

Johnathan, it warms my cold heart to see that pile of doors that have been sitting there for so long, I think since Donald organized them.

Same here. I am glad to see GPR back, and Jonathan is a good person to do it. I have ordered parts from him, and I am very satisfied with his service.

I will be calling soon, and get some more parts!

-- brett
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(bfrymire @ Nov 15 2008, 05:15 PM) *

QUOTE(sww914 @ Nov 15 2008, 05:12 PM) *

Same here. I am glad to see GPR back, and Jonathan is a good person to do it. I have ordered parts from him, and I am very satisfied with his service.

I will be calling soon, and get some more parts!

-- brett

agree.gif Good to hear it will be in good hands.
Gint
Grats Jonathan! And Mark also for that matter. I for one certainly hope you succeed and am glad to see GPR up and running again.
Lou W
Congratulations Johnathon beerchug.gif
Krieger
aktion035.gif
craig downs
Way to go Jonathan. Congratulations and good luck
McMark
Congratulations Jonathan! You're going to have a wild (and great) first year!
sbonthemesa
You have our support.
PeeGreen 914
Couldn't be a better guy to have stepped up to keep the GPR name going strong. I have done many transactions with Jonathan and they have all been A+. beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif
carr914
Good Luck

T.C.
GeorgeRud
Just the other day, I ran across a GPR card on my workbench. I was going to toss it in the trash as I thought it was a memory now (as were Electrodyne, Scona, PB Tweeks, etc.), but something made me put it back on the workbench and leave it. Great to see that GPR will live on.

Best of Luck!
boxstr
Jonathan, you should have said something when we talked last week, I can keep a secret idea.gif .
Well I know what kind of hard work is involved, and I hope you have some good dependable helpers who have the same vision as you.
CCLINGPRFAN
computers4kids
Way-to-go! I will be looking forward to supporting GPR and it's new owner and staff. Jonathan is "top notch" in my book...he has always proided great customer service, combined with quality products.
Good Luck smilie_pokal.gif

PS Do you have any of those short chrome strips for the targa roof laying around?
markb
You have no idea how hard it was to keep my big fat mouth shut for so long. smile.gif

We've got lots of stuff here, what'cha need?
orcadigital
Jonathan rocks. Took care of me great with my motor mounts and tranny mounts. Very excited to be able to use GPR again soon. smile.gif

Grant
Lavanaut
Congrats Jonathan! And if you need help with the website and tech stuff, I might know a guy. biggrin.gif
ArtechnikA
I have always been very apreciative of the support GPR gave the 2002 West Coast Wramble in Wreno.

Really makes me wish I still had a teener so I could think of sending some business your way, but since I do know your product base serves more than just the 914, I am glad to keep GPR on my 'A' list for 911 supplies. That project should be starting up again after the first of the year...

Welcome Back GPR !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.