Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Few items to finish my project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
computers4kids
2 NOS chrome strips for the targa roof (the short ones that lay horizontal).....I was once told they still can be ordered from Porsche...anyone have a dealer I can order through that will ship?

A rubber seal that surrounds the passenger side triangle window...I need one in great shape with no rips, tears or chunks missing.

Looking for the upper part of of the driver's door pocket in great shape. I have a nice flip lid and bottom part but the upper part of the door pocket that I have looks real aged and dry.

Driver's window channel chrome (73-76) in shinny condition (not dull, or major scratches)

2 soft targa top holders for a painted roof
JRust
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Nov 15 2008, 07:02 PM) *

2 NOS chrome strips for the targa roof (the short ones that lay horizontal).....I was once told they still can be ordered from Porsche...anyone have a dealer I can order through that will ship?

A rubber seal that surrounds the passenger side triangle window...I need one in great shape with no rips, tears or chunks missing.

Looking for the upper part of of the driver's door pocket in great shape. I have a nice flip lid and bottom part but the upper part of the door pocket that I have looks real aged and dry.

Driver's window channel chrome (73-76) in shinny condition (not dull, or major scratches)

I have the targa top holders (you mean the black ones above the tailights right? I may have the seal for the passenger side triangle window. I have some drivers window channel too. I'll check on their condition. All yours for future things I need biggrin.gif
bdstone914

I see that Auto Atlanta has the top aluminum strips for $189 each. I have to wonder how hard it would be to make them from some aluminum sheeting or maybe stainless steel. They always wear through the anodizing and look bad.
Bruce
computers4kids
QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 15 2008, 08:28 PM) *

I have the targa top holders (you mean the black ones above the tailights right? I may have the seal for the passenger side triangle window. I have some drivers window channel too. I'll check on their condition. All yours for future things I need biggrin.gif

Thanks for looking Jamie...actually I'm looking for the ones that connect to the front of the rear trunk (stock ones are white) that hold the targa lid. I bought a set from a member vendor for my red 74, but I'm not to sure looking at his vendor thread if they are still available...he made them out of a soft pliable material that wouldn't scratch painted lids.

computers4kids
[quote name='bdstone914' date='Nov 15 2008, 10:32 PM' post='1102473']
[quote name='computers4kids' post='1102414' date='Nov 15 2008, 07:02 PM']

I see that Auto Atlanta has the top aluminum strips for $189 each. I have to wonder how hard it would be to make them from some aluminum sheeting or maybe stainless steel. They always wear through the anodizing and look bad.
Bruce
[/quote]

No way...are you serious...we can't be talking about those thin little chrome strips. That price can't be right.
bdstone914
[quote name='computers4kids' date='Nov 16 2008, 07:16 AM' post='1102522']

Bruce
[/quote]

No way...are you serious...we can't be talking about those thin little chrome strips. That price can't be right.
[/quote]

Oops, wrong part number. About $23 new
http://www.autoatlanta.net/action.lasso?-d...=10&-search
bdstone914
[quote name='computers4kids' date='Nov 16 2008, 07:16 AM' post='1102522']

Bruce
[/quote]

[/quote]

And Pelican has them fot about $19 new.
http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/ksearc...;FILTER_9144=ON
Bruce
tracks914
"Targa wear strips" - I made mine out of Stainless Steel. They were easy to do, because I had use of a metal sheer and a break. They look fabulous. Next year I should make up a bunch of them and sell them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.