Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Outer window fuzzy - removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EJP914
Outer window fuzzys have dry rotted and falling out of the track. Is there an easy way to remove them without taking the window out of the door? I think if I can get the window low enough in the door I should be able to get to the 3 screws that hold the fuzzys in place. I see there is a 13mm bolt that goes thru a white plastic block that I think holds the window to the up/down mechanism. IF I take this bolt out, will it allow the 2 arms to come out of the track and let the window drop? I didn't want to take the entire chrome window pillar, door glass, and vent glass all apart since it is adjusted very well with no gaps or leaks. BTW, car is '74.
I guess there is no way to just slide the new fuzzys into the track from the end of the door? That would be too easy! Appreciate the suggestions.
southernmost914
QUOTE(EJP914 @ Nov 16 2008, 10:33 AM) *

Outer window fuzzys have dry rotted and falling out of the track. Is there an easy way to remove them without taking the window out of the door? I think if I can get the window low enough in the door I should be able to get to the 3 screws that hold the fuzzys in place. I see there is a 13mm bolt that goes thru a white plastic block that I think holds the window to the up/down mechanism. IF I take this bolt out, will it allow the 2 arms to come out of the track and let the window drop? I didn't want to take the entire chrome window pillar, door glass, and vent glass all apart since it is adjusted very well with no gaps or leaks. BTW, car is '74.
I guess there is no way to just slide the new fuzzys into the track from the end of the door? That would be too easy! Appreciate the suggestions.

I had to remove the chrome 'A'pilar frame and glass and remove the window off the track. Take your time working the new fuzzy on. It's not a easy job. bye1.gif Maybe this will help:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=88650&st=20

Steve
markb
Window has to come out. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.