Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine mount bolts ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ONTHEGRIND
Okay I have looked around for mounting pics but figured I'd start a thread and just ask.. I am a proud new owner of a flared 914.. I was under the car changing the valve cover gasket and noticed that there looked to be a missing bolt along with a loose one anyone have a size for this bolt ? And what would this mount be called Engine bar mount ? motor mount ?

Thanks for reading here is a pic I snapped so if anyone has any info to share it would be greatly apreciated.

IPB Image
IPB Image
southernmost914
Looks like you have a early pre 73 engine carrier. Missing bolts part# 900 074 138 01. Bolt,Hex Hd m10X70. I have no idea what is holding your engine in place w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif

Steve
ONTHEGRIND
QUOTE(southernmost914 @ Nov 16 2008, 12:18 PM) *

Looks like you have a early pre 73 engine carrier. Missing bolts part# 900 074 138 01. Bolt,Hex Hd m10X70. I have no idea what is holding your engine in place w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif

Steve

Thanks steve yeah I just bought the car havent really driven it other then home from the seller's. been going over for the last couple of days checking everything out when I loosened the trans mount to remove the heat exchanger I noticed the engine rocking at the front, so I slid foward and noticed the bolt was backed out and the other was missing. I did tighten it but did not replace the missing bolt. however, when I did tighten it and got the car back on the ground it almost sounded like the starter had a tough time rolling over the engine.. I loosen'd it and starter rolled the engine freely.. over reading threw the forums I think I have a starter problem...But for a second I was concernd that the bolt that I had tightened was now grinding on something internally. It seem to get the car to crank i need to hit the throttle any info on this ?

My car Is a 1971 1.7 car runs drives and shifts fine. Only problem is some times starting the car.. I am just going over before I take it out for a nice drive..
southernmost914
QUOTE(ONTHEGRIND @ Nov 16 2008, 03:40 PM) *

QUOTE(southernmost914 @ Nov 16 2008, 12:18 PM) *

Steve

Thanks steve yeah I just bought the car havent really driven it other then home from the seller's. been going over for the last couple of days checking everything out when I loosened the trans mount to remove the heat exchanger I noticed the engine rocking at the front, so I slid foward and noticed the bolt was backed out and the other was missing. I did tighten it but did not replace the missing bolt. however, when I did tighten it and got the car back on the ground it almost sounded like the starter had a tough time rolling over the engine.. I loosen'd it and starter rolled the engine freely.. over reading threw the forums I think I have a starter problem...But for a second I was concernd that the bolt that I had tightened was now grinding on something internally. It seem to get the car to crank i need to hit the throttle any info on this ?

My car Is a 1971 1.7 car runs drives and shifts fine. Only problem is some times starting the car.. I am just going over before I take it out for a nice drive..

Your starter is grounding through your throttle cable. Check that your ground wire to your transmission hasn't torn or corroded . w00t.gif

Steve
ONTHEGRIND
Heck I dont even see a ground strap on the starter to the trans. I see a ground strap on pg 18 photo 3. In the haynes manual but I can not find where that is under the car but I dont see a ground I know the car has electronic ignitionI can take a pic of what is under there if it can get me anymore help.. thanks again..
southernmost914
QUOTE(ONTHEGRIND @ Nov 16 2008, 04:07 PM) *

Heck I dont even see a ground strap on the starter to the trans. I see a ground strap on pg 18 photo 3. In the haynes manual but I can not find where that is under the car but I dont see a ground I know the car has electronic ignitionI can take a pic of what is under there if it can get me anymore help.. thanks again..

Click to view attachment
The ground wire runs from the transmission to a stud welded to the bottom of the rear trunk floor. A must have or starter issues and welded, melted throttle cable. wacko.gif

Steve
ONTHEGRIND
Okay I found it ground is in a differnt location. Here is a pic so you can see what going on. As you can see the strap Is on the trans mount. and trans I guess they thought this was a better option ? blink.gif I think i think I will be moving this to the proper location...

IPB Image
IPB Image
ONTHEGRIND
Well I swaped the ground cable back to the original location cleaned off all the connection's.. Now car fires with no struggle Thanks for the quik response's and pics u supplied it was a great help...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.