Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC: My tent blew away...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
If it's not the mortars, it's the freaking weather.

Before:
Rusty
After.. from the top.
Rusty
From below... the next morning. Over 150 meters away.
Rusty
Some days here are really crazy... but life is good.

That was a "maintenance frame tent" that weighed hundreds of pounds. It was a freak storm that only lasted a little while.

Needless to say, I'm in the market for a new tent.

Looks like things are hopping around here... and everyone is itching for spring. smile.gif

take care,
Rusty
seanery
Any word on how long you'll be there?
Is that tent where you slept? or a supply tent?

Be safe!
rick 918-S
Oh well, I guess you'll have to camp in one of those Palaces.... cool_shades.gif
Rusty
Hi Sean!

It was a maintenance tent where we work(ed).

I hope that I'm home in September or so.

Yeah, I'm keeping my head down, and body armor close.

-Rusty
Joe Bob
Screw bringing home that crappy 911...bring THAT home...bet ya could put 6 914s in there....
Rusty
Mikey,

Well, I'm sure you could get 4 914s in there, with some room to move around. it's designed to be a portable garage. Both ends open up, and then snap/velcro together. The frame is very strong... except when it's being used as a frisbee, I guess.

Does your signature mean that you sold the white 911?

-Rusty
Joe Bob
Get the sand out of yer eyes.... blink.gif

No, I sold a derelict 914/6 conversion that I picked on ebay.....I finished it up and relisted it....it's actually going to Mexico City to be a retro rocket for some lawyer.

Just waiting on the wire transfer....hopefully it will be in dollars not pesos....
Rusty
No... I mean the reference to a blue 911. Wasn't yours white?
Joe Bob
Ah got it.....

The 9 eleben got a baby blue Carrera side script and matching background on the Fuchs....it also has a ducktail and a humble attempt at an RS retro look.....

Couldn't call it "Whitey" or "honkey"....so "Old blue" was picked....the ride height has been reduced to 23.5 inches at the wheel arch as opposed to the 24.5 that is "euro" height and 25+ as imported.....

Had to do some spindle work and other stuff....have to watch the exits and entrances on driveways.... blink.gif
Jenny
Rusty,

It's really good to hear from you. We all miss you and am grateful for what you're doing. Please come back safely. flag.gif

Jen
Bleyseng
Rusty, good to hear from you!
Hope you send back to the guys here some of Saddam's lost money that everyone is finding.

Geoff
Gint
Hey Rusty! wavey.gif Good to hear from you!
si2t3m
Good to hear from you also!!!

Was the Yellow 9eleben in that tent??? wink.gif

Marc-André
maf914
Rusty,

Good to hear from you.

The wind storm reminded me of when I worked in Saudi, at Jubail and Ras al Mishab on the Gulf. Man, those wind and sand storms were nasty. We lived and worked in modular buildings, like trailer construction, and the wind blown sand would leak through door and window frames, dusting everything. I can't imagine being in a tent for long! And yes it did rain occasionally, often violently. It would wash the air and the rain drops were often like liquid mud. But, afterward, the sky would be clear and blue.

Take care and best of luck!

Mike
need4speed
didn't know we had any troops on board here. . .

Good luck and God Bless, and I hope you find Saddam's secret underground Porsche Collection!

fighting19.gif ar15.gif

And when you read about me b1tching about Bush's policies or Rumsfeld's ineptness - in no way should that be interpreted as a slam against you guys. You guys are doing the best you can in a crappy situation - and considering the circumstances, I think you're all doing a phenominal job, and America is proud of you!
Despite all of my political complaints - it is an indisputable fact that the world is a better place without Saddam. And you guys made it happen. flag.gif
Chris H.
Hey Rusty!!! wavey.gif

I was just going to post a thread asking if anyone had heard from you! Keep fighting the good fight!

Take Care and God Bless,

Chris H.
markb
QUOTE(Jenny @ Feb 12 2004, 08:46 AM)
Rusty,

It's really good to hear from you. We all miss you and am grateful for what you're doing. Please come back safely. flag.gif

Jen

agree.gif
Brad Roberts
Thanks for checking in LB. clap56.gif

B
Rusty
Thanks, All.

I don't get to check the BBS often... but my access is improving. It should get a LOT better once I get my own 2.5MBPS satellite dish. boldblue.gif

The wind storm reminded me of when I worked in Saudi, at Jubail and Ras al Mishab on the Gulf. Man, those wind and sand storms were nasty. We lived and worked in modular buildings, like trailer construction, and the wind blown sand would leak through door and window frames, dusting everything. I can't imagine being in a tent for long! And yes it did rain occasionally, often violently. It would wash the air and the rain drops were often like liquid mud. But, afterward, the sky would be clear and blue.

Yep... today is one of those days. There is so much sand in the air that the sky is bright orange at 3pm.

didn't know we had any troops on board here. . .

Yeah, several active, several reserve componet, a couple of retirees and lots of veterans.

Good luck and God Bless, and I hope you find Saddam's secret underground Porsche Collection!

I did. That was a whole different thread that got deleted.

And when you read about me b1tching about Bush's policies or Rumsfeld's ineptness - in no way should that be interpreted as a slam against you guys. You guys are doing the best you can in a crappy situation - and considering the circumstances, I think you're all doing a phenominal job, and America is proud of you!
Despite all of my political complaints - it is an indisputable fact that the world is a better place without Saddam. And you guys made it happen.

Thank you, and no offense taken at all. You'd be surprised at the rather wide range of political opinions in the Army. Everything from Alfred-clones to Jesse Jackson-clones. In any group, there's always about 5-10% that are true crazies. Most people have their own opinion about the war, and it's not usually a topic of discussion. All of us want to do the job, and go home vertical.

take care,
Rusty smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.