Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Advice on 914 engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wilchek
So I just took a new job and we need to move in the next couple of months. Therefore, we need to sell our house at the worst time of the year in the worst market. So the problem I have is I have a basement full of parts and specfically a complete 73 2.0 engine with 80K original miles. The fuel injection, transmission, and stainless headers are still on the engine. So my question is should I sell it to clear up the space. Am I crazy to think that I can pick up a engine like this later in life. Also what would you sell it for as a complete package. I know it would be easier to sell apart but I just don't have the time.
biosurfer1
if you got the room, keep it...its not like 2.0 engines in a low miles, good condition are getting anymore abundant.
MrKona
In my personal opinion... there are two reason that justify selling it:

1. You need the money to help out with life's priorities.

2. You've lost interest in the 914 and you are moving onto other hobbies and priorities.

If the reason you're thinking about selling it is simply to free up some space to make for an easier move, don't sell it. You'll regret it somewhere down the line and think about that engine "that I used to have but sold it."

You've got a lot going on right now, with the new job starting, and moving your family. Take some time to think about it with clear judgment before you do anything drastic!
Cheapsnake
Based on my experience with selling a 2.0, you're better off keeping it or parting it out. I had a complete rebuilt 2.0 that I couldn't give away as a whole engine, ended up parting it out. It's more work and trouble but probably worth your time.

Tom
melnyk
what part of eastern pa are you in?? im a serious packrat and i can add more to my collection. plus if its in the right location i am in the market for buying a house. throw me a p.m.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.