Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - does anybody know the car to this drivetrain?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
A guy from a german forum asked if anybody knows the car to this drivetrain. Obviously it has to be a mid-engine car and it seems to be something like a race car.
Any ideas??

So.Cal.914
Isn't that an Automatic?
jd74914
Interesting ballhousing. It has a spot for shifter input, but looks like it could have a torque converter. And it has 2-stroke style mufflers, weird. It also has a strange TB setup and looks like a TIV overall.

I'm curious now too.
kafermeister
I'm thinking 914 Sportomatic (auto-stick).
GeorgeRud
Didn't Porsche work on a midengined design for Volkswagen that was eventually scrapped? I think that the transmission certainly does look like a Sportomatic type of transmission.

Great find, I'm hoping that someone has the definative answer!
KaptKaos
QUOTE(kafermeister @ Nov 16 2008, 03:13 PM) *

I'm thinking 914 Sportomatic (auto-stick).

+1

I assume it's a prototype drawing, hence the ultra-sporty (albeit inefficient) exhaust.
JeffBowlsby
The engine tin is not 914, but it looks like it would fit...
904svo
Its a sportomatic for a 914.
boxstr
no idea
davep
914/4 sportomatic.
Can't figure out the gearshift though. Must be a mockup of sorts since you couldn't shift it.
Gustl
here's a pic of the car
check out that there are badges from Mercedes, Porsche and ... VW (??) on the side blink.gif

did you ever see this thing before ????

what the hell ist this confused24.gif

Brett W
Looks kinda neat. Slap a a turbo Subie motor in is and it would make a hell of a street cruiser.
Ferg
Cool, It's got wide ATS wheels biggrin.gif
RJMII
QUOTE(Brett W @ Nov 17 2008, 08:57 AM) *

Looks kinda neat. Slap a a turbo Subie motor in is and it would make a hell of a street cruiser.

agree.gif

I wonder how effective that dinky windscreen is at keeping bugs out of teeth, though. A person shouldn't have to wear a full face helmet for cruising the street.
SirAndy
QUOTE(davep @ Nov 16 2008, 08:08 PM) *

914/4 sportomatic.

agree.gif

However, that header/exhaust will cost you valuable HP, T4's like a 4-2-1 header system ...
idea.gif Andy
Brett W
QUOTE(RJMII @ Nov 17 2008, 09:48 AM) *

agree.gif

I wonder how effective that dinky windscreen is at keeping bugs out of teeth, though. A person shouldn't have to wear a full face helmet for cruising the street.

Wearing a helmet lets people know you are serious. Who says you can't wear a helmet when driving a car anyways. Before its over the safety nazis will have us all wearing helmets anyways.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.