Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: '75 2.0 ***SOLD***
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
dbgriffith75
Year: 1975
Model: 914
Engine: 2.0- dual Solex carbs

Click the "My Porsche Pics" link in my signature to view pictures of the car in its current condition. I can no longer continue work on this project and need to get rid of the car and would like to see it go to an enthusiast who's willing to finish the work on it; or at least get a good parts car out of it.

The car had set unprotected in Iowa weather for 10 years before I bought it.

To date, here's everything that has been done to the car:

-Engine [mostly] rebuilt:
I have the bulk of the engine put back together, mostly just top end that needs reassembled and sheet metal reinstalled. Here's a list of everything that's been replaced to date. ALL parts were purchased from Pelican Parts unless otherwise noted:
-New engine heater hoses, left and right side,
-New Terry brand accelerator and clutch cables
-Crankshaft bearings and seals
-Camshaft bearing and seals
-Connecting rod bearings and nuts
-Wrist Pin Bushings (Installed and reamed to size by Arnold Motor Supply)
-Piston rings
-All gaskets and seals
-Plugs, Wires, Rotor, Cap, and Points
-Ignition Coil purchased from O'Reilly Auto Parts
-Crankcase and Heads were boiled clean by Arnold Motor Supply
-Fuel hoses, filter, and used but good pressure regulator
-Vaccuum hose

-Sideshift Transmission rebuilt

-Refurbished relay board in excellent condition with (4) new relays and (1) new voltage regulator

-Carbs have been rebuilt (kits purchased from CarburetorUSA.com)

-Starter rebuilt by Ankeny Auto Electric

-CV joints/axles have been torn down, cleaned, and put back together with fresh grease and new retainer rings

-Rear brake calipers have been rebuilt; front calipers were flushed with brake cleaner and compressed air, then refilled with new fluid (the Haynes manual told me rebuilding the front calipers was not a good idea)

-Entire brake system was flushed and filled with new fluid

-Old rotors were too rusted and pitted to have turned; I bought used rotors (from 9motorsport.com) and replaced them however the front rotors were not the right ones and I have not yet found correct replacements but still have an old rotor for reference; but I do have new wheel bearings

-Lisence Plate Lamps

-Pedal cluster rebuilt with bronze pedal bushings

-Seal channel for right side of engine compartment purchased from Auto Atlanta but not installed

-Used gas tank (in good shape) purchased from private party- still have original grommets/vibration dampners

-Tail light loom was in very poor shape at purchase. It was in good shape from relay board to trunk- at that point I cut off the old loom and replaced the wires in the trunk with a junction block- I have included a basic wiring diagram with color coding information

-Old center tunnel fuel lines have been removed but no new ones have been purchased or installed as of yet- I did feed wires thru the center tunnel as guides to installing new ones and still have the original grommet for the front end wall

-Engine and tranny have been removed to allow for hellhole/body work in engine bay; the firewall had been sandblasted but I never took the proper steps to prevent rust from forming so surface rust has taken it over again

-Interior firewall mat has been removed to allow for firewall repair

To my knowledge, the interior is all original including the carpet; but the vinyl on the sail panels needs replaced.

That's all I can think of for now that's been done to the car to date. If I think of anything else I will add it or if you notice something in the pictures that isn't mentioned above, don't be hesitant to point it out and I'll be happy to explain. This project has gone on for so long I can't remember everything I've done with the car.

Included with purchase if you want them:

(1) spare front hood that has not been drilled for a hood badge
(1) spare rear hood
(1) original engine from the car
(2) transmissions that are likely useless
(2) non-original doors that may be good for a few parts

Asking Price: $1900, which is negotiable but barely more than what I have put into the car

Shipping: Engine and transmission are currently not installed, making shipping through an auto trucking company not a very good possibility. However, given the cars size, I have taken the measurements and it will fit inside a dry van. Since this is the case, I work for a trucking company and may be able to negotiate a decent shipping price but I cannot make any gaurantees at this point.

Questions? Reply to this post, PM me or email me at dbgriffith75@yahoo.com
jesiv
PM Sent re Shift Knob.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.