Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NLA TB gaskets?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
"Hi Jeff,

The part number 039-133-073, Throttle Body Gasket [2.0L 914 D-Jet] is currently out of stock, and Porsche is telling us the part is No Longer Available. We have taken that off your order and will be shipping the rest of your order today.

Regards,

Tom Gould
Pelican Parts"

Anyone know of a source, so I dont have to make one myself?
brant
Yes help...
I ordered one a week ago from paragon and just got off the phone with them 20minutes ago and they said they could not/did not have any....

If these truly are NLA...
would somebody please trace one or put a printable tracing into the resource sections so that I could print it and make one...

Lastly, is there a gasket material that is specifically better to use in this situation where it is exposed to fuel like this?

brant
Mueller
I've had rubber gaskets/parts made in the past, the cutting die is approx. $50 bucks to have made, then a few bucks a piece depending on quantity.....

how much were these when available?
brant
only like 5 bucks or so...

b
Gint
Brant,

I have some gasket material on a shelf in my garage somewhere that is jright for a TB gasket. If you want to bring one over (I don't have one), we can make it up.
Mike D.
Stop calling Porsche places and try calling Volkswagon parts places. laugh.gif maybe....

I just made mine out of that thick gray paper gasket stuff that comes in a roll at the FLAPS. Set your TB on it, trace it with a pencil and cut it out. sawzall-smiley.gif

-Mike D.
brant
Mike thanks for the offer..
I think I have some in lamar too..
When I go pick up the engine, I'll look and make one if I can... then install the dang thing so its that much closer... (no idea why the po took it off?)

brant
Dave_Darling
The last one(s?) that I got were fairly thick, seemed a bit plasticky, and were slightly green in color.

Jeff, talk to me off-line. Put a subject in there, though, so your note doesn't get lumped in with 68,000 pieces of SPAM...

--DD
steve@ottosvenice.com
039 parts are 2.0 914 only Those gaskets have not been available for a couple of years. Steve
Rich Bontempi
Yes they have, I bought some as late as a couple of months ago from Porsche!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.