Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody familiar with these ebay flared fenders?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cheapsnake
Ebay flared fenders

Found these on ebay and thought they looked like a pretty good deal but it's hard to judge quality and fit from a couple pictures. Anybody have any experience with the fenders or the seller? Thanks.

Tom
quadracerx
QUOTE(Cheapsnake @ Nov 16 2008, 05:48 PM) *

Ebay flared fenders

Found these on ebay and thought they looked like a pretty good deal but it's hard to judge quality and fit from a couple pictures. Anybody have any experience with the fenders or the seller? Thanks.

Tom

Yea...Im curious too...I want to buy a full set of front and rear along with the rockers he sells...just have too many other projects going right now....I actually talked to him and he seems like a good guy.....

East coaster
I got a front valence from him and it's as good as any other piece of 914 fiberglass I've seen.
bam914
I bought a set. They are very light and good quality. I would buy them again.
VaccaRabite
I have been tempted to buy his front and rear bumpers. But I am going to see how my lightened ones feel first.

Zach
sww914
I think that's the stuff that I just finished installing on cliffbraun's car. 1/2 the price of GT Racing and just as good (bad?) quality. I've seen few fiberglass parts for any car that fit besides factory parts. Usually you need to cut it up and reshape it, sometimes that won't even work. Even if his parts are pretty bad they're still pretty good relative to other stuff that's not top dollar.
I have never tried Getty's stuff, people say it's good.
RiqueMar
I actually have a pair made by THIS same guy. We're going to use them on a car that we are making into a driving sim.

Also, I have a front Valience from this same guy and I think a pair of rockers for the sim as well.

Just as good as anything I've seen.

If you need pictures, let me know!
sean_v8_914
I haVE HIS FRONT AND rear deck lids. I like them...saved 48lbs
Cheapsnake
Sounds good.

Tom
Cheapsnake
OK, so twice now I've requested a shipping quote and have gotten no response. Anybody got a phone number or direct email address to this outfit? Sure hope their deliveries are more reliable.

Tom
LarryR
QUOTE(Cheapsnake @ Nov 21 2008, 04:54 PM) *

OK, so twice now I've requested a shipping quote and have gotten no response. Anybody got a phone number or direct email address to this outfit? Sure hope their deliveries are more reliable.

Tom

Did you end up doing buisness with them? I am considering these parts for my light weight racer project.

RiqueMar
I'll see if I can get his number, I mauy have the old shipping invoice.

I know when he sent me mine, he sent one box for each fender, and he ships FedEx.
Chevota79
I been thinking about these fenders too and if I am not mistaken they are entire fenders not just flares right? So how would one go about attaching these anyways and for those that have purchased them how resilient are they from deformation once installed, do they seem flimsy?

Thanks
Josh
raw1298
I have a set I am installing on my car. If you contact him in advance he will make them a layer thicker for a daily driver. Mine are great. I am using the entire front fenders and cutting the backs down to the size of just the flair. I will be attaching them with 3M 8115 panel bond adhesive. When I finish fitting I will post pics if anyone is interested.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.