Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who do you recommend to
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
A&PGirl
Like the title says who do you recommend to fix & calibrate 914 gauges right? Feel free to share your good & bad experiences.

jim_hoyland
North Hollywood Speedometer. They have a web page. They provide services wordwide. Very reliable, fast service, ships well.
markb
agree.gif I've had nothing but good experiences with North Hollywood.
BKLA
North Hollywood! Great experiences!
marks914
try here, great prices:
http://www.newvintageusa.com/bigmarkdesign

What problems are you having?

IPB Image

Mark
A&PGirl
The odometer is broken. The needles on the speedo & tach "bounce" or continuously went up & down. They would sometimes stop for a few seconds then go back to their constant movement.

Also, my clock is dead.
marks914
For the speedo- a rebuild $65-mechanical only
Tach- we have alot of used tachs, $40-$70 depending on finish, or a tach with new guts $150.00-$225 depending on the face finish/options
Clock-can usually be fixed for around $50-$60, if not we usually find a working clock to replace it with for less$$

Another option is the CHT/Voltmeter replacement for the clock
IPB Image
IPB Image
http://inlinethumb22.webshots.com/43605/28...S500x500Q85.jpg
rick 918-S
I've had Mark do the custom V8 tach for the Alien. assimilate.gif It plugged right in to my MSD 6A. Nice custom face with my choice of design. I'm very happy with the outcome.

He has also done a custom tach for the (Shealey) Sandy's 1959 Austin Healey. I insalled a Suzuki Swift engine in the car. The factory tach was a old school cable drive unit. He converted the guts to work with a modern HEI ignition. The tach looks untouched. The original patina is completely intacked. This is very important to me. I don't want to look at the dash and see an odd gauge.

Since I started installing the dash I realized the 5 speed Samurai transmission doesn't have a cable drive speedometer. I just sent Mark Sandy's speedometer. He is going to install electronic guts in the stock housing and retain the stock face and needle.

I'm really fussy about how the gauges look. I was very worried the Healey tach would look messed with. I'm extremely happy with the outcome of this gauge. Mark has a passion for the challange. I would use him again and I will continue to use his service. thumb3d.gif
azbill
I've had Mark rebuild some 911 gauges. They are very nice. I am having him do a quad gauge, tach and speed for my 914. They will have custom faces. I highly recommend him.

Bill Shaffer
markb
I also had Mark do a small combo gauge for my Getty dash. He does nice work & I highly recommend him.
DBCooper
One more for Mark. Combo gauge is PERFECT.
914helo
Mark also did my gauges for my Suby conversion. I posted some pics a few months ago. Look great. piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.