Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yowzers! Maybe we should get some pix of this car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
smontanaro
Seen on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...e:us#ht_547wt_0

Maybe someone in the Columbus, OH area could contact the seller and waste a few AA batteries taking a ton of digital photos of this car...

Doesn't Barber Dave live in that general area?

Skip

rwjames
Well, here you go. She's not perfect, but pretty nice.

Tool kit, window sticker, a stack of records and receipts.....what more could you ask for. And it sounds great.

Let me know if you want to see a specific photo.
Van914
I have seen this car in person and it is very nice. It has a rebuilt motor about a year old.
Van914
rwjames
QUOTE(Van914 @ Jan 5 2009, 09:59 AM) *

I have seen this car in person and it is very nice. It has a rebuilt motor about a year old.
Van914

Thanks for the nice comment.

It's by no means perfect and I have some work to do, but it is a great six.

Rich
Lavanaut
Gorgeous car, congrats! smilie_pokal.gif

I think I recall speaking to the PO early last year when I was in the market. If this is the same car, I remember thinking that for something describe as "all original" it actually had a handful of modifications done. Am I correct Rich or am I thinking of another car?

What are your plans for it?
rwjames
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Jan 6 2009, 03:36 PM) *

Gorgeous car, congrats! smilie_pokal.gif

I think I recall speaking to the PO early last year when I was in the market. If this is the same car, I remember thinking that for something describe as "all original" it actually had a handful of modifications done. Am I correct Rich or am I thinking of another car?

What are your plans for it?

This may be the same car. It was on ebay 2 years ago and didn't meet reserve, but sold to John in Ohio a couple of months laters. I talked to the seller and bid on it at that time as well.

It does have some mods such as some healthy engine improvements, but it does have the original engine and transmission.

It has a Weltmeister sway bar that can easily be removed. Also, the jack has been over-restored because the shaft has been painted, but it shouldn't be. For the most part it has been retored to original and he did win his class and division at parade in 1993 and 1997 if I'm correct.

I plan to drive the car and take it to some local shows.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.