Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mystery plug, do you know the answer?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
klikkid3
Hey all, I was doing some cleaning on the inside of the car this last weekend when I saw something strange. Poking out from under the center back pad was a small round electrical plug. It branched off of the wiring that runs to the interior light. It is unplugged but I could not find the female end, any ideas what it could be? I read that there is a small light that is supposed to be next to the heater lever infront of the center tray, the plug had multiple wires running into it. I was hoping that it might be the answer to why my seatbelt light will not work.

Any ideas? confused24.gif

Phill
r_towle
Optional Flux Capacitor
scotty b
It connects to a warning light for the kahneuter valve. Only used on the liquid cooled sportomatic cars.
SirAndy
QUOTE(klikkid3 @ Nov 17 2008, 11:27 AM) *

Any ideas? confused24.gif

How big is small? Is it white and about the size of a quarter?

One thing is certain, it's *not* related to the light for the heater ...
shades.gif Andy
Cap'n Krusty
Seat sensor wiring, most likely. The Cap'n
So.Cal.914
Saftey belt sensor?
klikkid3
White yes, face of it about the size of a dime. I will take a pic, now Im really interested.
SirAndy
QUOTE(klikkid3 @ Nov 18 2008, 10:19 AM) *

White yes, face of it about the size of a dime.

Seat belt sensor hookup ...
shades.gif Andy
McMark
The seat sensor will keep the "Fasten Seat Belts" light lit up if you have a passenger who doesn't buckle their belt.
Dr. Roger
power for your IPod? LOL
type47
...heater for muffler bearing... drunk.gif

(see Andy's and the Cap'n's for a correct serious answer)
klikkid3
LOL, muffler bearing. So is that the seatbelt sensor that everyone says to get rid of on the passenger side? I would love to get that seatbelt light working but not if it means my car wont start. There isnt any wiring coming from the passenger seat so I guess the PO took the sensor out.

Phill
carr914
QUOTE(type47 @ Nov 18 2008, 07:09 PM) *

...heater for muffler bearing... drunk.gif

(see Andy's and the Cap'n's for a correct serious answer)

At Bug Jam a couple weeks ago, a guy with a Vintage Bus had a bearing wire-tied to his Supertrapp. He asked me, "Do you what this is is?" I said " What do you think I was born yesterday? It's a muffler bearing!" We both had a good laugh and beers were opened - it was like I said the Magic Password beer.gif

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.