Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 curb weight
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
duval7
Hey guys i is was wondering if anyone could help me. I have been looking for the weight of 914-4's and i can't get a rock solid number. I have gotten numbers between 1700 and 2089 pounds. Are different years heavier than others or is it trim packages that make the difference? I want the lightest 914 I can get for a track car. thanks.
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(duval7 @ Nov 18 2008, 04:51 AM) *

Hey guys i is was wondering if anyone could help me. I have been looking for the weight of 914-4's and i can't get a rock solid number. I have gotten numbers between 1700 and 2089 pounds. Are different years heavier than others or is it trim packages that make the difference? I want the lightest 914 I can get for a track car. thanks.

2089 is a lot closer to reality than 1700. There are two major factors in the weight difference between various years of 914: doors and bumpers. '70-'72 (and very early '73) doors are lighter than '73-'76 doors. '70-'74 bumpers are lighter than '75-'76.

But really, for a track car, just build it to the rulebook and take the weight out yourself where you can.
1970 Neun vierzehn
Many years ago, I got to put my stock '70/4 on a truck scale. I surely don't recall how much fuel was in the 16+ gal. tank, but the car weighed in at 1980 lbs, very, very close to the factory specs quoted for that model year/engine combination.

Paul
Pat Garvey
Um, I undertand your need for info. And i fully understand the needs for ANY posts to this forum.

But, this is the originality forum & your post should be directed elsewhere.

However, a stock early vintage 914 should tip the scales, with fuel, at slightly under a ton.

Too bad we don't have a moderator for this forum.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.