Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Member....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
futuresoptions
A few of you may know me from the Pelican board. I am not new to Porsches or 914's (I have owned 6 in the past). I have came to 914 World because after owning 911's, 928's, 924's & 944's, I have came to the conclusion that the 914 truly is my favorite and I want to come back to the flock so to speak. I currently have my 928 up for sale in the classified section, and once I figure out where I will be relocating to in the next couple of months, I hope to purchase a couple 914's and start to work on them. This time I have decided to take the four bangers out and install 6cyl into them. I want to go for the 914-6 gt look and I know I will have alot of questions about the conversions. I am a descent diy'r, but there are alot of specific questions that I do not know the answers to. I hope you guys will bear with me on my learning curve and I hope to be an asset to the community.
So.Cal.914
welcome.png There are some really nice clone GT's here and the Fella's that built them. There are plenty of tec threads here also, The 'search funtion' is your friend. Have Fun. smile.gif
carr914
Howdy and welcome to the jungle. welcome.png

T.C.
StratPlayer
welcome.png
johannes
Hello (from France) ! and welcome to the crazy world of the 914
southernmost914
welcome.png
Steve
futuresoptions
Anyone know how I can change the "Newbie", I figured you guys would know that with the one post lol....
PanelBilly
And the cycle begins again....

Your questions are always welcome and hopefully you join the group with a sense of humor too.
watsonrx13
welcome.png and welcome back to the madness..... aktion035.gif

-- Rob
markb
welcome.png

I believe you have to have 10 posts before you can change your status. I may be wrong, it's happened before. blink.gif
Grelber
welcome.png

Where in Texas?
futuresoptions
I
futuresoptions
am
Rusty
Welcome! welcome.png
futuresoptions
located
futuresoptions
approximately
futuresoptions
futuresoptions
miles
futuresoptions
North
futuresoptions
of
futuresoptions
Harlingen
futuresoptions
Down Near South Padre Island, Rio Grande Valley... Have lived in Houston(Baytown) Corpus Christi and Kilgore in the past...
futuresoptions
I know, I know it is water cooled... KMA.gif Will take 914 project in trade! biggrin.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(futuresoptions @ Nov 18 2008, 04:11 PM) *

of

Oh great, another post whore. dry.gif

welcome.png

BTW, only 31 more posts to 914 for me. Then I'll stop forever. laugh.gif
championgt1
welcome.png

You have come to the right place!
futuresoptions
Thanks for the warm welcome guys...

My second question is the following:

I am in the process of planning my 914 project at this time as I do not have a car. I have put the pen and paper to it and I have concluded that it is going to cost me about 30k to build the car. Not a problem as I will spread the cost out over 3-4yrs. What I would like to know is what is the best way for me to get questions answered... Should I make a new thread with every question that I have, or should I start a build thread and put all of my question in that. Would appreciate your imput...
as I already need to start asking questions...
Gint
welcome.png

Learn to use the search function of this site. It's quirky, but it does work and there is already a ton of information here. Most of the time I can do a search and have what I need in 5-10 minutes without ever posting a question because it's already been asked and answered at least 3 times. And that way you don't have to wait to get an answer on a Saturday afternoon when you have a fuel pump in your hand. wink.gif

I like to make a new thread for a specific question. Then you can put a link to that thread in a post in your build thread. Otherwise, your build thread will be full of opinions about a whole lot of junk you didn't even ask about. smile.gif
futuresoptions
Think what I will do is start new threads on specific questions... I am planning on copying information to a word document that will have "upgrades" and info divided into build areas of the car. This will serve as a parts list and a check list for completing the car...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.