Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield storage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
eresener
Little by little I'm working on the project...can anyone give me a non-destructive way to store the windshield...any help is appreciated.
TonyAKAVW
I'm currently swapping parts from one car to another and I have my windshields stored. The rear windshield is easy. Its just sitting flat on a carpeted floor. The front windshield is sitting on its bottom edge on a large piece of foam. The top edge is leaning against the wall, cushioned by more foam. Its been sitting like this for a couple weeks at least, and so far no problems.

-Tony
william harris
beerchug.gif My windshield came out so easily I almost broke it over the hood. I had a couple of old comforters - real thick ones - so I wrapped those around the windshield, took some heavy cardboard boxes and bent those over the edges and then used duct tape from the anti-terrorist supply bin to tape the whole thing up. It's been sitting in my parts department like that for months now.
AZ914
Make sure not to lay it flat as it will start to warp/flatten out... Getting it back in will then be a chore...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.