Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Happy and Sad Day, 911SC is on Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rebelmdot
Well, I finally got around to putting my 1981 911SC on Ebay this past weekend. It is a sad day, because it is such an awesome car, but a happy day, as the proceeds will be used partially for my 914 addiction!
LarryR
I feel your pain. I sold my 78 SC a few months back for a down payment on my 09 jetta tdi and to put ~4K towards my 914. Just take pictures before you send it on its way.
yellow914
Oh Man I can relate! I sold my 74 Carrera on craigslist (in 1.5 hours) I didn't have time to react or grieve unsure.gif ...I miss her everyday... headbang.gif
Drums66
QUOTE(yellow914 @ Nov 19 2008, 09:30 AM) *

Oh Man I can relate! I sold my 74 Carrera on craigslist (in 1.5 hours) I didn't have time to react or grieve unsure.gif ...I miss her everyday... headbang.gif

What! a 74' Carrera confused24.gif
Ferg
My problem is/was the reverse

I sold this
Click to view attachment

for this
Click to view attachment

I miss the 914 everyday, but LOVE the Carrera.

Ferg beerchug.gif
yellow914
I know I know drunk.gif what was I thinking?... headbang.gif
but at the time we needed the extra bucks...but still.. driving.gif has never beed the same.

Mine was Black with Red graphics...and just a blast to drive!

Take care of that one....you might not ever be able to replace it smilie_pokal.gif
IronHillRestorations
Do you have a link for the 911?
PeeGreen 914
When I sold my 911 I didn't feel too bad as the money went into my 914. I really don't want to think about ever selling my 914. There is no car like it as I have put much blood and sweat into it.

Just make sure you love that 914 the way you should wub.gif drunk.gif
LarryR
When I sold my 911 I still had one + the teener so I it sucked but I got over it. I sold it to a co worker so I still see it every day ...

the left over 911:

Click to view attachment

I might sell it to though if the stock market keeps tanking.. that way I could invest the proceeds and hope to break even in a round about way.
d914
just sold my 911 sc also..funded lots of things,,,still sad its gone

Click to view attachment
oldschool
QUOTE(LarryR @ Nov 19 2008, 08:21 PM) *

When I sold my 911 I still had one + the teener so I it sucked but I got over it. I sold it to a co worker so I still see it every day ...

the left over 911:

Click to view attachment

I might sell it to though if the stock market keeps tanking.. that way I could invest the proceeds and hope to break even in a round about way.
what a cool looker, I have had a 75 911S in my garage for about 5 years.And today I started to work on it.And looking at your photo helps me get busy.
LarryR
QUOTE(oldschool @ Nov 20 2008, 12:41 AM) *

what a cool looker, I have had a 75 911S in my garage for about 5 years.And today I started to work on it.And looking at your photo helps me get busy.

Thanks, it started off life as just a plane jane 1974 911 not even an S. I drove it for almost 2 years as a stocker and then it morphed into the car you see over about 5 years.

Solo914
QUOTE(LarryR @ Nov 19 2008, 08:21 PM) *

I love this 911 but the where the market is right now who could blame someone for sellig to help out the bottom line. Gotta love dollar cost averaging...hahaha. You could buy 2 of them in a few years, or in a round about way probably break even on all other stuff. Good Luck!

Kyle
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.