Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zenith Carbs...What about them
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wallys914
Im looking at a set of zenith carbs that came from a 911, and Im sort of debating if they are even worth my time? Should i be worried if i get them? Are they like the cheap empi china made webbers?

And if i am rebuilding the 2.7 with cams and some head work, will a set of zenniths work ok or great?

make me smarter..... smile.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/porsche-911...A1%7C240%3A1318
GeorgeRud
I don't think that they are very tuneable. The Webers seemed to be the popular carbs for these conversions, or consider the Megasquirt system using the CIS runners and new injectors.

If I was doing it today, I'd go with the megasquirt, it should run better and solves many of the problems associated with carbs and today's gasoline formulations.
IronHillRestorations
Don't waste your time with them.
carr914
Some people swear by them, others won't touch them. My car I bought from Dan Root has them and runs very well. Dan is one of those guys that really likes them. I've had both.

T.C.
Root_Werks
agree.gif

I like 'em, they're a better carb than most others you can get. They are harder to tune and get hop-up parts for, but in the end a better design.
thesey914
Great carbs. No problem with mine but they are on an engine designed from the factory to run them. A 2.7 wouldn't have come with Zeniths
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.