Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: info
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vwfester
hello to all, are a new user owner of 914 / 4 2000cc, 1972
I'm turning with 2 carburetors dell'Orto 40 doppiocorpo, I would like to know if the distributor must change if we model with which
thanks
So.Cal.914
I did change to a centrifugal advance dizzy, I guess you could tap the manifold for vacuum and use the original. Mallory make a nice replacement. Oh and welcome...

welcome.png
vwfester
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Nov 20 2008, 06:12 PM) *

I did change to a centrifugal advance dizzy, I guess you could tap the manifold for vacuum and use the original. Mallory make a nice replacement. Oh and welcome...

welcome.png

when fitted a 009 could fit?
So.Cal.914
Sure. smile.gif
vwfester
thanks
There 'some article that explains how to convert from igezione acarburatore
thanks
r_towle
The 009 does not have the proper advance curve to run these motors.
It does not have enough total advance.
Do not use one of those.

The stock distributor from the Ljet motor will work, just remove the vacuum advance canister and cover that hole on the distributor.
This is the best solution and least cost. The vacuum advance was there to provide initial advance when the motor was at low RPM..it was there for emmisions, not performance. Removal of this vacuum advance does NOT affect the total advance, it just affects WHEN the advance starts...at what rpm.

The next option is the 050 distributor. The advance curve is closer and I have used it on carbed type 4 motors, it works fairly good. They are getting harder to find and all of them are old and worn out, so you need to get a rebuilt one.

The Mallory unilite is probably the best solution. Its new, it has no worn parts or worn shafts that the two previous choices do have, so its a better choice overall.

If you need an ljet or an 050 distributor, contact "Cap'n Crusty" on this board. He has a Porsche shop and he has/had a pretty decent selection of used distributors...not sure if he still does.

The other person to check with is the Dell carb guy in Italy...he is awesome and probably has a few distributors laying around. Look up Dell carbs on Ebay, you will find him...he is in Italy (look at his "about me" page on ebay)

Good luck.

Rich
r_towle
bump cause I lost this...just curios
So.Cal.914
when fitted a 009 could fit?

He asked if it would fit. It will fit. He could run it until he can get a proper dizzy.
vwfester
nobody who knows me advice on how to make the transformation from carburetor to fuel injection
thanks each council and 'very valuable
So.Cal.914
Good Luck and drive it like you stole it. thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.