Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Subie conversion questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Carlitos Way
I'm wondering a few things.

I am going to go with the Renegade Hybrids Subie conversion kit. I have some questions about it, and would like to get some feedback from someone who has done it already, so there are no surprises later on.

1) What kind of starter is required?

2) What kind of fuel pump and where to install it?

3) How much clearance from the engine to the rear trunk firewall?

4) Will the fuel pump require dual lines? should I upgrade to 3/8" supply and returns? I'm thinking about Tangerine Racing lines as I don't have a good way to fab things.

5) Does the original battery tray interfere with the installation? Do I need to relocate it?

Thanks in advance!!

C:>
plymouth37
1) What kind of starter is required?

I am running a renegade high power starter but you may be able to get away with less.

2) What kind of fuel pump and where to install it?

I am running a stock 928 fuel pump it is installed on the firewall near where the fuel lines come out of the tunnel.

3) How much clearance from the engine to the rear trunk firewall?

None, if you look at page 13 of my build thread you can see the position of the relocated turbo and let me tell you it was damn close to the firewall.

4) Will the fuel pump require dual lines? should I upgrade to 3/8" supply and returns? I'm thinking about Tangerine Racing lines as I don't have a good way to fab things.

I ran both feed and return into the fuel pump and installed a new return line. I am now upgrading to single a 1/2" feed line with the stock return line.

5) Does the original battery tray interfere with the installation? Do I need to relocate it?

I don't think you can run the battery in the stock location but don't hold me to that. If I remember correctly the battery tray can remain in place but a conventiional battery will not fit on it.
pktzygt
ahh, you double posted. I'm glad you got answers for the ONE who would know more than anyone else. I did a decent job of answering though, don't you think?

Now I have an answer to my fuel line question too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.