Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Some Ebay Items worth watching!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
$300,000 grand for the GT (Just to be able to buy it!) Auction doesn't include the friggin car.
736conver
Cant imagine the ebay fees on the Hornet
Britain Smith
Someone bid on the plane!!
rhodyguy
coolest auction ever, for the plane. the fbi coming to "talk" to you about your ebay add. ohmy.gif ph34r.gif ar15.gif

kevin
LS6/914
Well Iam pretty sure poop will hit the fan!! And it WILL roll down hill.
skline
The guy is trying to sell a car he doesnt even own, the right to buy it when it comes in? What a joke. Starting bid 300k? If I had the drugs he is on I would have that kind of money selling it to everyone else.
jonwatts
It's my understanding that supersonic flight within U.S. borders is forbidden by the FAA. I wonder if it's just like out-running the CHP?
eresener
John,
the FAA has no say so in the missions of the military....except to clear out all civilian aircraft within an area of operations...ever hear a sonic boom...if you have the FAA can't do anything about it... that... my friend is the sound of Freedom...
DuckRyder
I bet some body ends up in the pokey over the plane.

I thought it was illegal to privately own a "first line" military aircraft?
jonwatts
Oh I know the military can and do go supersonic all the time; but if you're a civilian then you come under the FAA's jurisdiction and they say it's a no-no.

Then again at mach 1+ maybe it wouldn't be too much trouble to go around the U.S. instead of through it. lol3.gif
TJB/914
Hey Guys,
Why hasn't someone talked about the Blue Angel blue/yellow paint combo??
Do a LE - Bowsley paint combo. I like this paint color. It would look great on a 914.
Tom
mikester
Demilitarized aircraft are owned all over the place. Korean War era, WW1 and WW2 of course and even some Vietnam era aircraft are owned, flown and restored - especially out here in Socal at Chino airport. I used to work for a guy who restored ww2 aircraft when I was a kid. He didn't give me money, just flight time. It was great, got to fly T-6 texans as the guy had two. Much like our 914 - it was a very cool aircraft. Not very fast, when you applied more power it just vibrated more.

wub.gif

Something this modern is extremely out of the ordinary (clearly).
fiid
Buy it and do an engine swap.

Those things run nicely with some big props and a type IV motor!!

The 914 can easily be upgraded to take the power of a couple of jet engines - just add brad. The real problem is the starter location.

boldblue.gif
L8Apex
What about this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2458674216

IPB Image
Demick
$10 MILLION for a 20 foot tall helium balloon. Makes the jet look like a bargain.

Demick
SirAndy
QUOTE(Demick @ Feb 13 2004, 11:33 AM)
$10 MILLION for a 20 foot tall helium balloon. Makes the jet look like a bargain.

is it just me or is there something wrong with the "USA" logo?
someone got something backwards wink.gif
drew365

Maybe that's why it's worth $10 million. It was a one off mistake at the mint. wacko.gif
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 13 2004, 02:06 PM)
QUOTE(Demick @ Feb 13 2004, 11:33 AM)
$10 MILLION for a 20 foot tall helium balloon.  Makes the jet look like a bargain.

someone got something backwards wink.gif

Only the "S" is backwards! LOL
Elliot
fiid
Someone should get these!!

17" 7s front and 9s rear. I sadly don't have the cash this week.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=2458998370
Andyrew
Dang fiid!! that cheep! Ah.. when I get the money.. ahh phoey.

Andrew
GWN7
You can buy exmilitary planes, at least Russian ones. A buddy was going to buy a Mig 15 a few years ago. Price 17K He called it a disposable aircraft. Fly it till the hrs were up, because he couldn't afford the rebuild costs. laugh.gif
DuckRyder
Yeah, I know you can buy ex-military planes, thats how the discussion came up that you could not bring a "First Line" aircraft, like a Mig 29, or a Viggen into the USA. At least that is what I was told. I took "First Line" to mean current.

Not that there was any danger of me doing so.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.