Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Timing hole plug
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BiG bOgGs
I bought a timing hole plug a while back, it has the right part number (021 119 233 A), but it keeps getting blown out of the hole. I can ALMOST just put it right in without having to screw it at all. And the threads on both the plug and the fan shroud look fine. Is there a different part number for the plug on a 76 2.0L?

Jim
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(BiG bOgGs @ Nov 21 2008, 08:24 AM) *

I bought a timing hole plug a while back, it has the right part number (021 119 233 A), but it keeps getting blown out of the hole. I can ALMOST just put it right in without having to screw it at all. And the threads on both the plug and the fan shroud look fine. Is there a different part number for the plug on a 76 2.0L?

Jim

strange. they should all be the same! Is it one of those repros from automobile atlanta?
So.Cal.914
av-943.gif
BiG bOgGs
Hi Doc!

No, it is not reproduction, just a used one I picked up. It looks like a slightly abused brother to the one pictured in your catalog.
BiG bOgGs
Actually, now that I look closely at the one in your catalog and the one I have, they both have the same flat spot on the right finger grip as pictured in the AA catalog. So I don't know if it is an original, or if it is a used repro.
So.Cal.914
The one on mine is so freaking tight I need to use plyers to unscrew it.
r_towle
QUOTE(BiG bOgGs @ Nov 21 2008, 11:14 AM) *

Actually, now that I look closely at the one in your catalog and the one I have, they both have the same flat spot on the right finger grip as pictured in the AA catalog. So I don't know if it is an original, or if it is a used repro.

Dunk it in liquid enlarging cream...careful to wear gloves and dont rub anything else.

BiG bOgGs
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Nov 21 2008, 11:48 AM) *

The one on mine is so freaking tight I need to use plyers to unscrew it.

Up for a trade? rolleyes.gif
Drums66
av-943.gif av-943.gif
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 21 2008, 10:17 AM) *

Dunk it in liquid enlarging cream...careful to wear gloves and dont rub anything else.

av-943.gif

BiG bOgGs
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 21 2008, 01:17 PM) *

My wife is interested in the cream method. I've never seen her this interested in my car. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.