Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello from Northern Nevada
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
slapshot914
Been lurking for a long time. Thought it was time to join in. Bought first 914 in October 1992. '73, 1.7, and lots of rust. Replaced engine with a used 2.0 and drove it daily until the engine went sour in 1997. Its now parked and is used for parts for the "new" '73, 2.0 that I bought in Oct, 1998. (Something about Octobers). Spent about three years cleaning it up. No serious rust. Has the appearance group. Been repainted in its original black color. Still sorting out the tranny. Shifts erratically but is driveable. New Yoko AVS100s on fake fuchs. Currently lives under a dust cover in the garage waiting for spring. I'll post pixs as soon as I can. Great support from Sporthaus in Reno. One of the owners drives a 914. See several teeners around here. Don't know if anyone is a member. Would like to meet them.
URY914
Welcome! smile.gif

How can we help??? beer.gif

Paul
VegasRacer
Welcome to the Club slapshot. beerchug.gif
We might not be neighbors, but at least you are from the same state.
slapshot914
Thanks for the offer. Right now the only real problem the car (other than the shifting) is an electrical gremlin that lives in the right turn signal. It would nice to figure that out. I've replaced bushings in the shift linkage, except for the firewall and the coupler bushings. Those are next. Done most of the work on the car except for valve adjusts. Need to learn how to do that one. Wife and I will be visiting Florida next month in the Coco Beach area. Teeners seem to florish there.
echocanyons
welcome wavey.gif

here is the obligatory
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
slapshot914
I think the teener used to live in Las Vegas. I found some things left in the car that pointed in that direction. It may have been autox there. I have to look for the paper work see if I can id the provious owner.
ArtechnikA
welcome ! figures, no sooner do i move out of the area (ex-Minden...) than these people start showing up ! oh well... let me recommend that you join Sierra Nevada Region PCA, great bunch of people including several active vintage racers in the Carson City area (SNR Website). several Club members in Reno/Sparks and Yerington as well - you're right in the middle of it all.
slapshot914
Pictures coming as soon as I uncover the car and take some. Maybe a shot with Tahoe in the background. If it doesn't snow this weekend. Patience.
red914
how i love the eastern slope of the sierras! how fun is it to drive your 914 along hiway 395 in the walker river canyon, down south of topaz lake? i am looking forward to seeing pictures of your car, with the local scenery in the background.

please forgive my excitement: i am new to the car and the club.
rick 918-S
Greetings, salutations, wavey.gif
tat2dphreak
welcome!!

MDB2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.