Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fiberglass front gt valance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iamchappy
Anyone have a good source for a front gt valance, I purchased one from rennspeed last year that was very poor quality and fit.
rhodyguy
most types are shite these days. "some fitting required" more like much. have you tried getty design? they were going to be my next choise until craig came through for me for my s.e.

kevin
Qarl
I bought one from AA that I didn't like.

I bought another one from Patrick Motorsports that was very nice. I know Jim Patrick doesn't make them, however. He gets them from another one of the fiberglass shops. Worse case, get the one from PMS. http://www.patrickmotorsports.com

I have also purchased a few fiberglass parts from Getty Design and the quality has been tops... http://www.gettydesign.com they have an online catalog with pricing. Good service too.

The other options are...

http://www.americaninternationalracing.com/ .... so-so experience with these guys. Parts were average.
boxstr
I purchased a GettyDesign front GT bumper and valance and a rear fiberglass bumper. I did not get the mounting brackets, someone wrote that they are NLA, not sure I have not contacted GD yet.
They are definetly heavy duty, not flimsy or thin, they are not heavy but they are thick material. The finish is excellent and I would recommend them to anyone, now if I can just get the mounting brackets.
CCLINLO
Qarl
Yes... same for me on the brackets. I think Getty Design decided not to make them because they are a bit complex to make (several odd bend angles). Perhaps if 3 or 4 of us need them, they would make some sets? Craig.. you want to try contacting them? Ask them how much "interest" they would need to make some again?

Or.. if anyone can "lend" me a set, I can get some duplicated....

Anyone? Bueller?

Or... if someone finds a vendor that has them, I need a pair for front and rear ASAP.

Thanks!

Karl
VegasRacer
I like the one from Fiberwerks on this thread.
I need to get one soon.
Howard
Just got new front set up from Getty (body shop had ordered). Excellent quality and came with f/g brackets. Had huge fight with body shop, they had car 2 mos before starting work. So once it was painted I picked up the car and did final assy.

Brackets are really simple, just glass them onto bumper. When I get a bit more energy, I'll pull off the bumper, get measurements on the bracket and post. You could just bend 1" wide strap steel to shape.

Anyway, here are the pics. Don't laugh at the 'rubber' part, I used brush on truck bedliner. And I ended up with the lower chin spoiler part that was not needed. If they don't figure it out in the next few days, I will sell it cheap. Not sure if GT is different.
boxstr
Karl I will check with GD tomorrow. I will let you know what I find out.
CCLINLO
DuckRyder
I notice that Getty only has some stuff listed in Carbon. Does anyone Know if they will make anything in carbon, or only the stuff they have 2 prices for?
boxstr
Called Getty and got a voicemail. I left name and number, no call back.
Will try again.
CCLINWAITINGONTHELINE
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.