Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: weber/Del Lorto carbs..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ONTHEGRIND
So there was a local set of carbs for sale and I jumped on what I thought was a pretty good deal.. Any one have anyone install guides I am not going to install them yet but it would be nice to get an idea of whats needed..

Thanks
anderssj
QUOTE(ONTHEGRIND @ Nov 21 2008, 03:45 PM) *

So there was a local set of carbs for sale and I jumped on what I thought was a pretty good deal.. Any one have anyone install guides I am not going to install them yet but it would be nice to get an idea of whats needed..

Thanks

I've got some stuff from when I installed mine "back in the day" . . . .

PM me with an e-mail address and I'll send them as attachments (I think they're ".pdf" if that matters)

Best,

Steve A-
lucky25
I just got my weber 40's yesterday p.m. me and I can copy and snail them to you
ONTHEGRIND
OKay here is what I got they aprear to be Dells DLRA/45 which are probably A bit large for the stock 1.7 engine I just am putting in a new stock fuel pump. untill I finish with a set of cylinder heads then I will get the cp carb pump and toss it on as a package, heads carb and cam and pump..

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
anderssj
OK, I just sent you half a tech dozen articles, etc., on the Dells . . . .

What's the turbo going to go on?

Best,

Steve A-
ONTHEGRIND
QUOTE(anderssj @ Nov 23 2008, 07:58 AM) *

OK, I just sent you half a tech dozen articles, etc., on the Dells . . . .

What's the turbo going to go on?

Best,

Steve A-

Wow steve thanks, that is a ton of info I downloaded it all so I can print and read it.. I am not sure how that pic of that turbo got there must have put on too many pics, turbo Is I belive a garret Gt35r with a tubular header turbo has been ported and dispersant coated on the cold side and turbo x coating on the hot side along with the rest of the kit getting coated as well I never got feed back on it but I imagine that should be making 600+ awhp the system is for a Mitsu Evo.. I got turbo's everywhere in here..
sean_v8_914
I like to install the linkage to the rear. I prefer the clean look
sean_v8_914
vbdc
sean_v8_914
xcb
sean_v8_914
fch
sean_v8_914
dgh
sean_v8_914
although some guys prefer the easier to sync and adjust front facing linkage, these general guide lines still apply about the geometry

I hope this helps
ONTHEGRIND
Anyone care to share there engine set ups ? cam, carb, heads ? I am going to be porting and coating a set of cylinder heads this week along with coating the runners and cleaning up carbs. I currerntly am trying to get the fi to work properly in my car.. I will be wortking on this as a package I will be posting more pics as I finish.. I am thinking I may have to get agressive with the head and cam package to support these 45's.
ONTHEGRIND
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Nov 23 2008, 09:23 AM) *

fch

Very clean I like the way you have them setup.. What size are they ? It looks like I have the whole kit and all the hardware so when they go on I would like them setup like that.
vwfester
hello sean v8 914,
very interesting your work, you might tell me that you used distributor?
thanks
anderssj
Here's a picture of my linkage set-up. Unlike Sean, I have my linkage set up on the front side of the carbs (I went for ease of adjustment).
Click to view attachment
I keep thinking I'll clean up the linkage and the mounting for the throttle cable, but it's been good this way for the last 25 years (could be a sign I'm not driving the car enough!!) biggrin.gif

As I mentioned in my e-mail, my car has a rebuilt 2.0 with stock heads, euro piston/cyl set, an elgin cam, and the dellorto DRLA-40s (probably should have gone one size smaller on the carbs given that it's only a 2.0, but I was hoping to bump up the engine size sometime).

I'm running 30mm venturis, 55 idle jets, 135 mains, 180 air correction jets, and 9164.2 emulsion tubes. I never changed the pump jets--I think they're 35s. Runs real strong, but I get a little popping back through the carb on colder days--probably need to change idle jets from 55s to 60s.

Distributor is a re-curved Bosch 050. I think it's set at 12* initial advance, and 30+* full advance.

Hope this helps!
ONTHEGRIND
So while I was waiting for my DMM to get here so I can finish trouble shooting my my fuel injection system mad.gif ...

I had a few things that I needed to coat so I figured I toss in the manifolds and port them and coat them with the other stuff Ihad to do along with my aircooled TI VALVED mini bike heads well here is what they look like now. I ported the entire manifold didint remove any material just smoothened it out with a 60 grt ruby stone I left it on the ruff side to help atomize fuel..

In the oven baking 275 1 hr..
IPB Image
IPB Image

IPB Image
IPB Image
sean_v8_914
Bosch 009 will work OK but is not optimal. the 009 firing position is 90 deg off from the stock type 4. it is cheap and easy to find. better but still not great would be the Bosch 050. The 009 and 050 are mechanical advance only. you can use a D Jet or L jet distributor that has vacuum advance. the Mallory has been tested and is dyno proven to be best option. you MUST run special plug wires with the Mallory to prevent damage to the optical trigger. I am NOT a big fan of an optical trigger in an automotive environment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.