Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hidden Antennas...do you have one?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
I shaved my antenna hole before I sent my car to the paint shop....now I need to decide on an antenna option. I know radio waves don't pass through metal, so hiding one in the usual spots won't work well. I've read threads where people have mounted them under the engine lid, trunks, on the metal next to the engine lid.... Didn't come across any hidden amplified antennas.

One option I'm looking at is the "hidden powered antenna" that sells between $20-$40. If you have one of these where did you mount it that works well for reception...fender well?...front vent?????

Looking for testimony

ONTHEGRIND
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Nov 23 2008, 07:14 AM) *

I shaved my antenna hole before I sent my car to the paint shop....now I need to decide on an antenna option. I know radio waves don't pass through metal, so hiding one in the usual spots won't work well. I've read threads where people have mounted them under the engine lid, trunks, on the metal next to the engine lid.... Didn't come across any hidden amplified antennas.

One option I'm looking at is the "hidden powered antenna" that sells between $20-$40. If you have one of these where did you mount it that works well for reception...fender well?...front vent?????

Looking for testimony

I have a hide away antenna it is located in the factory spot one switch powers the amp and speakers one power the atenna I got the car like this though works fine and clean looking..
computers4kids
Here is another hidden antenna that is not powered that claims you can put it in trunks and be surrounded by metal.

Tune Trapper FAQ Link: TT-1E sold various places Retail page
Gint
Nice image. smile.gif How about a link and/or a vendor?
marks914
I have one on my car, the cheapo Murray's version, works fine, but I am in the city.

Mark
Dr Evil
What about the window sticker types? popcorn[1].gif
Joe Owensby
I have one that looks similar to the powered one you show. I mounted it on the inside of the rear window behind the passengers's seat . I ran the wires through the center console up to the radio. It works OK in the city, but the range is limited. It doesn't work well at all in the mountains where the signal is not strong.

Joe Owensby
I forgot to add this. I later added a Dakota Digital CHT gauge, and the gauge interferred with the antenna. I had to go back and add a capacitor to the gauge to filter out the interferrence. JoeO
wbergtho
Here's mine. I installed a power antenna on the left fixed engine shelf. It works very well.
ahdoman
My last car had one that was in the front window above the mirror where the window meets the targa. It worked pretty good and it wasn't a lot of money.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.