Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CIS-E on a 914 engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
904svo
Has anybody done this. I can't get my conversion to run right need to correct before I turbo it.
type47
i have seen a CIS on a 914-4. my fuzzy thinking seems to pull up the name "Ed Morrow" whom i think did a CIS turbo -4. could be wrong but perhaps a start of a search.
904svo
QUOTE(type47 @ Nov 23 2008, 07:42 AM) *

i have seen a CIS on a 914-4. my fuzzy thinking seems to pull up the name "Ed Morrow" whom i think did a CIS turbo -4. could be wrong but perhaps a start of a search.

I seen CIS on type 4 but not CIS-E. CIS-E has a knock sensor and timing is
control by the ECU.

type47
didn't catch the significance of the "-E". i thought air cooled motors couldn't use knock sensors since they are so noisy.
IronHillRestorations
That was Ed Viella that put CIS on a turbo'd 914 engine.
ejm
I used CIS-E on my turbo but there is no knock sensor or timing control built in. What car did you take the FI from?
904svo
QUOTE(ejm @ Nov 23 2008, 11:43 AM) *

I used CIS-E on my turbo but there is no knock sensor or timing control built in. What car did you take the FI from?

I got the CIS-E from a 1990 Audi 80 with a 3A Gas engine. It has a O2 sensor, knock sensor. It also has electronic timing control by the knock sensor. Thats
why I'm using it with a turbo.
Bosch number 0-261-200-220/221 know as KE-Motronic
Dave_Darling
What is it with guys named Ed and turbocharged CIS-equipped 914s? wink.gif

(EJM, Evill Ed...)

--DD
904svo
With this system there is no adjustments to made, its automatic, the only thing
that has to be added is the fuel enrichment circuit for wide open throttle to
run it rich.
hcdmueller
The CIS-E systems are pretty particular about the engine they are attached too. The system has been designed around the airflow and ignition requirements of the particular engine. You might try and find the CIS lambda model that was installed on VW's and AUDI's before the CIS-E. You can simulate the O2 sensor signal to adjust the A/F ratio for the engine. If I remember correctly you can also have the WOT enrichment too. I did a lot of research last year on STF and other forums. There is a huge amount of information out there that is easy to find. I was going to install CIS on my VW bus but work has kept me too busy to finish the project.
helios
One thing to watch out for on the -e, they run quite a bit leaner than CIS. The system utilizes the knock sensor in combination w/ the O2 to lean the system out to improve mileage. At least it's the case w/ Ke-Jetronic, I would be surprised if Ke-Motronic was much different.
904svo
KE-Motronic CIS-E III works differently it will hold the A/F at 14.7 till WOT, then
a addedrichment circuit using the cold start valve changes it to 12 to 1 just right
for a turbo engine. Thats why I went with this system.
904svo
Corrected some wiring problems and air leaks. Engine runs great now. It time
to start to make the headers for the K02 turbo and get it running.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.